Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moved home - Contract remains same?

Hi,

I'm new here looking for some help. 

I recently just moved (19th Sept), did my home move online and the person I spoke to was helpful and told me my contract etc would move over with me. Everything set up fine at new property blah blah blah

Fast forward to today.....My contract is up on 26th November, so I called today as the price is due to increase as it was a 12 month offer I was on and I'm wanting to lose some of the package to get a cheaper price as I can't afford the price it's going up to. The guy i spoke to today told me that I was in a contract until 2021 and not 2020, obviously I told him this shouldn't be the case so he said he'd transfer me to somebody who can help me.....10 minutes on hold to have to phone put down on me. I'd already spent a good 40 minutes on hold to speak to the first guy, so that's 50 mins on hold in total and still no help.

I know I can ring back but it's frustrated me today and not in a good mood to call back after being messed around. So before I do call back tomorrow, can somebody tell me if I am missing something with regards to my contract as I was told my contract would move with me and from what I've come across online, as long as I made no changes to my services the contract would remain the same and not start fresh at the new property.

Can any body clarify if I'm correct before getting back in touch or point me in the right direction of any more help?  

Many thanks,

Ryan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moved home - Contract remains same?

Hi Farmer-92,

Unless you make a change to your package then the old package will continue at the same price until the end of your current contract. There is only a £20 service transfer fee to pay terms-and-conditions- moving home 

Also from the moving-home-faqs 

"What happens with my contract when I move?

If you don’t change your services when you move, your contract will continue as normal. If you do change your services, you’ll be subject to a new minimum term as per the terms of your new agreement."

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved home - Contract remains same?

Thank you for your response. 

Glad you can confirm that for me, it is what I figured from what I had seen online, but wanted some clarification. I've just called back again to be cut off yet again :-(. Really not impressed.

Thanks again,

Ryan

0 Kudos