cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved home - Account incorrect

wiltshire89
Tuning in

Hi, I have move home and taken virgin services with me to the new address which gave me a new account number, i cannot register this and look online at my bills and statements as my email address is already used on my old address and old account number which is now closed.

i need this email address transferred to my new account number so I can see my up to date bills and statements.

any help would be appreciated,

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wiltshire89.

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the online account has been moved over and is working 🙂

Do pop us a post if you ever need anything going forward

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

31 REPLIES 31

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wiltshire89,
Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing issues setting up an online account due to your Email address being used on your previous account.

When you move as the account number is set to the address and not the customer this will change, this means a new set-up is needed, as the Email address is already connected to the old account you will need to use a different Email address.

Once the new online account is set up you can go back in and change the username to your previous email you wish to use.

Regards

Paul.

Hi paul, thanks for the quick reply,

when i try and set up with a new account it says the account is already in use with the old email address, then when i log in it says account closed?

very confused

thanks for your help 

Are you using the new account number, this will be different to the one you used at the previous address?

Regards

Paul.

Yes when i put the new account number in it says the email thats already in use is my current email address but in capitals, where as my old accoint number the same email address comes up but in lower case?

Hi wiltshire89

Thanks for coming back to us. This process is a Move and Transfer, where we'll get you in via PM, sort security out on both old and the new accounts and get the Move and Transfer of the online account from the old account to the new one. The transfer itself takes 24 hours but then after that time, you'll be able to log in using your email address wanted and it will show the new account.

I'll send you the PM now, sorry for the prior confusion.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wiltshire89.

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the online account has been moved over and is working 🙂

Do pop us a post if you ever need anything going forward

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks for your help John, first class customer service.

Many thanks

Much appreciated 👍

Hello,

I have the same problem as the one posted. When I try to create a new profile the continue button is greyed out. I really need to use the bill. Please help!

Thank you!

Hi @Zico23

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

When you click the register button and enter those account details - can you not get past this step?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs