Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moved House - New account but need old email address

Hi

Been with Virgin Media for years, just moved house and opened a new account and our old account has been closed. I can still open 'My Virgin Media' via my email address but the account shows as closed, as it should but I cannot register my new account to my existing email which I need to keep.

I've been through the helpline a few times and even spoken to someone who put the request in last week, on the basis it would take 24 hours - been going around in circles for two months!!

Any ideas?? Who could I email about this, who could actually sort it out?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moved House - New account but need old email address

Your email accounts should have moved across as part of the moving process.  As this appears not to have happened the Forum Team staff should be able to arrange a Move and Transfer.

They will contact you via this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the help - I’ve tried everything to get it sorted!

The system or my computer wants to use my email address but it can’t do it as the email address is linked to my old account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Markruth0

Welcome along to our Community and thanks so much for your post to our forums - sorry to hear about the issues with your email and online account since you have moved home

(Cheers to @Graham_A for flagging this to us)

This should be a nice simple transfer of details as long as you were the named account holder on both accounts 🙂 If I'm unable to do the transfer manually, we can raise an IT ticket to get this sorted and that usually takes around 5 days. 

I'll pop you a quick Private Message to go through security and check  your account account information - look out for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

That would be great news!!

I've tried to amend the old account but since it's closed I cannot do anything with it!

Seems to me that the email address needs to be transferred from that one to the new one?

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's exactly what we're gonna try and do Mark!

I'll pop you a reply to your Private Message as soon as I've done a few checks 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Cheers for your Private Message again Mark - once I have any updates I'll be sure to let you know. Hopefully we;ll get an answer before the week is out 🙂 I'm working until Friday until 8pm and then back in on Monday morning. 

Thanks again. 

Katie - Forum Team