cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved House - New account bills not showing in MyVirginMedia

XWRed5
Tuning in

Good morning,

I moved house 10th Aug and elected to stay with Virgin. From a technical viewpoint everything came across OK and we're quite happy with the service.

I hadn't noticed until recently but the new address has a new account number. When I log into MyVirginMedia I can only see the 'old' account. I have settled the outstanding bills for the old account but I can't see how to get it to show me the new account. I phoned up for help and found out there is a bill on the new account that I must pay by 19th Sept but I can't find that bill in MyVirginMedia.... hence I can't pay it. Ideally I had hoped that the Direct Debit I had for the old account would be transferred across but I don't know if that's the case.

How can I get the new account to appear in MyVirginMedia, how do I remove the old account and how can I set up a DD for the new account?

Many thanks for any help, advice, tips or tricks that anyone can offer.

Ian

3 REPLIES 3

XWRed5
Tuning in

I've just managed to pay that 'secret' bill over the phone but I'd really just like to set up a direct debit for it. How can I do that when I can't access the new account online?

After paying the bill I followed the instructions for the SMS chat only to be told that's been switched off so I'm now waiting for a response from the online message function....

XWRed5
Tuning in

Just seen this one here (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Change-Virgin-Media-Account-Number/...), looks like the same issue...

@John_GS helped in that case, I hope mine is similar.

Thanks

Good Afternoon @XWRed5, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the new account, and the seemingly lack of explanation of a new account number being issued.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn