Menu
Aclayton6
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Moved Home - new contract?!

Hi

Recently had account swapped over to a new address. I specifically asked and was *TOLD* before the move this would not affect my contract as I had 2 months left - due up in September. 

Now they have extended my contract for another 12 months from the date of activiation until next July, this can't be right surely and goes against what I was told anyhow! 

It's as if theyve deleted my account and set a totally new one up, I can't go back and check on past bills or anything, I can't get the exact date my existing contract was due up as there is not history there no in my account.

Please advise, Thank you.

Adam

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved Home - new contract?!

Hi Adam,

I am sorry that there has been some issues with your contract since moving home. However we appreciate you coming to the community forums for help.

I'd like to look into this further - I'm going to pop you over a private message so I can take a look into the accounts for you.

Pleas find my message over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Movingannoyance
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have tried to contact virgin several times regarding house move. I keep being ignored in the chat box after I pass my security checks. 

I enquired about moving home and taking my internet package with me (with no changes) and was told this wasn’t possible as there was an active connection at the new property. I said I would speak to the landlord and find out what was happening. 

a few days later I got an email to say a mew direct debit and contract had been setup. I hadn’t agreed to this nor had an confirmation of what’s going on. I then got a contract through which had a mew account number and had extended the contract - resetting it to 18 months instead of it being a continuation. 

I was told by someone in the chat to ignore this new contract. I said I wasn’t happy with that as it’s incorrect and I would like it rectified. He said again to ignore the contract. And then said they’ll send more documents in 24 hours. Nothing was sent to change it and I’m increasingly worried about this now. 

our current contract began September 2020 for 18 months and should have ended March 2022. They’ve now extended it to September 2022 and will be increasing the price from £27 to £51 from March 2022. I’m not happy about this and want it sorted as I’m not comfortable to just ignore this and then find a head down the line I’ve been tied into a new contract without my consent. 

0 Kudos
Movingannoyance
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Moving home trouble with contract

Hello

I have tried to contact virgin several times regarding house move. I keep being ignored in the chat box after I pass my security checks. 

I enquired about moving home and taking my internet package with me (with no changes) and was told this wasn’t possible as there was an active connection at the new property. I said I would speak to the landlord and find out what was happening. 

a few days later I got an email to say a mew direct debit and contract had been setup. I hadn’t agreed to this nor had an confirmation of what’s going on. I then got a contract through which had a mew account number and had extended the contract - resetting it to 18 months instead of it being a continuation. 

I was told by someone in the chat to ignore this new contract. I said I wasn’t happy with that as it’s incorrect and I would like it rectified. He said again to ignore the contract. And then said they’ll send more documents in 24 hours. Nothing was sent to change it and I’m increasingly worried about this now. 

our current contract began September 2020 for 18 months and should have ended March 2022. They’ve now extended it to September 2022 and will be increasing the price from £27 to £51 from March 2022. I’m not happy about this and want it sorted as I’m not comfortable to just ignore this and then find a head down the line I’ve been tied into a new contract without my consent. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Movingannoyance 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your contract. 

Are you able to let me know, did you move address with the services? or are you still in the prosses? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Movingannoyance
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting to move. Have been promised twice I’d get an email with confirmation that the new contract dates are wrong and a correction for my records. I’ve still not received such an email. 

it is stressful enough moving without this. 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I will send you over a private message so I can confirm some details with you. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
yarfik
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Contact cisis  and put in a official complaint

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

CISIS won't deal with you unless you have gone through the complaints process and given VM 8 keeps to fix the problem
0 Kudos