Menu
ClipstoneLad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Monthly Price Increase

I renegotiated my current contract in December, for 18 months, at the same fixed monthly service charge - this being for TV, Broadband, and Phone, this including the 'discount' until June 2022. I expected this to be a contractual arrangement, but now I've received an email from Virgin, informing me, that from March there will be an increase in the monthly charge. But no reason for this was provided

I have tried to get in touch with Virgin, that is - speak to a human being, but as I've found in the past, this is not possible, due to the waiting time being so long, that I've given up. I'd be grateful to know if others have also received unwarranted price charges; and if you agree with me that this is in breach of the contract; on the latter, If I cannot get this cancelled I will cease my contract, as Virgin have abrogated their side of the contract

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Monthly Price Increase

I'd recommend reading over the following replies from various VM forum staff over the past day or so, both which should hopefully cover your situation...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Price-increase/m-p/4557823#M143981 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Price-increases-during-Lockdown-ill... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ClipstoneLad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Monthly Price Increase

Hi japitts

And thanks for the reply and links. I've pasted the below, as I'm still now confused. When I renegotiated in December it was for the same service charge - extended to June 2022; and at the time it was simply the price offered and agreed by me, with no caveats as per below; which now seems to me a bit of mis-selling. And my email simply states that I will be charged the increase - with no mention of it only applying after the current contact ends. It does look though - that Virgin can simply add extra charges when they like, and if I don't like it I can leave with their blessing; which seems odd, and self defeating. I shall have to consider doing this, but a pity, as I have been satisfied with Virgin - up till now

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of your discount period. If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

Best.....🙂

0 Kudos
ClipstoneLad
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

Hi

I'm also a recipient of the price increase email, of £3.50 per month from March; in my case with no explanation. I was under the impression (delusion?) that Virgin Media and I were in a binding contractual agreement - mine until June 2022; otherwise, I would have done what I first intended and moved to another supplier from this month. As to the below (highlighted), I have not the foggiest idea what this is meant to be about. When I renegotiated my contract, this was never a component of that; I was simply offered the ongoing monthly charge for a further 18 months, so is this also a case of miss-selling? The irony is that I would prefer to remain a Virgin customer, but Virgin seem to be encouraging customers to cancel their contracts if not happy with the price increase. I now have to consider a move to either BT or Sky. 

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of your discount period. If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

0 Kudos
judy13
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

I to had my plan till November 2021 and am also confused to the £3.50 increase. As from past experiences some providers do like to surprise us with these increases.
0 Kudos