Menu
aaronls
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Monthly Bill being over charged - customer support won't help

Hey All,

I'm at my witts end now with virgin customer service and wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or can help.

I took out a contract a few months back in January which cost me £29.99 a month. I was meant to have my broadband installed but it got delayed by 8 weeks by Virgin with no explanation each time they pushed it back. As me and my partner were both working from home you can imagine how much this impacted us with no internet so i spoke to a chap at virgin who offered to send me a data sim free of charge and even gave me some CR on my account. Now i could work from home and use this until the broadband was installed. When i was on the phone to him i made it clear i didn't want to keep the sim and he said i would be able to cancel it anytime as it was only given to me until my broadband was installed (i have a recording of this).

So fast forward and the broadband is installed and i have stopped using the data sim, when i tried to cancel it with Virgin they said yes ok thats fine they would do that and i would get an email confirmation. Few days gone by and no email so i phoned again a week later and after being passed around through various different people in different countries nobody wanted to talk to me and give me an explanation. When I finally got through to someone in the UK they said that i couldn't actually cancel the sim and i was mislead as i'm stuck in a contract now. They did however say that she would turn the sim down from an unlimited data so from £22.99 to £4.99 i believe which was the cheapest bundle so i agreed as the CR i had received covered this for the 18 months anyway. Again, i was told i would receive an email confirmation and it was all processing....Fast forward again a few months and nothing has changed. I'm still being overcharged £22.99 every month and nobody at Virgin seems to be able to resolve this! I have made complaints on the web form and yet when i've gone to track them they don't show in my account as if it's been closed or never existed... Every time i try to reach out to customer support they pass me between departments.. Are there are official escalations i can go through as i'll be overcharged £400+ if this carries on for my contract length. 

Great internet yet worst customer service i've ever come across in my life.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Monthly Bill being over charged - customer support won't help

Hi aaronls, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear about this situation. I can understand your frustration with what's happened, especially if it wasn't clear that you were entering a contract at the time.

I'd like to take a look into it and see what we can do to help. Please look out for my PM (the purple enveloep) and we'll be able to investigate further.

Tom 

0 Kudos