cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missold cable - added o2

ajscent
Joining in

Today I tried to renew my Virgin contract.

Currently its £56 for TV/Internet and Phone , renewal says it will go up to £89 in a few weeks time.

Rang Virgin and spoke to a lady abroad , she was very difficult to understand due to her accent and speed she was talking.

She put me on hold and told me she could do me a good deal for £68 for TV , internet and phone , 

Then she told me '' Bonus , you can have a O2 Sim card thrown in the deal ''

I told her '' I dont want an O2 Sim card ''

she said ''Dont worry you can just give it away to someone if you dont want it ''

The call proceded and towards the end she said '' You will be paying an additional £25 to O2 for your contract ''

I said so your actually offering me a deal for £93 today not £68 which I agreed to , she said '' that is correct ''

She had tried to hide it from me and I said I do not wish to proceed with the deal , she said it is too late , you have agreed to it now , I cant cancel it now , I said '' I do not want this deal , it must be cancelled ''

I asked her name and she said '' Kate '' - she sounded like she was in the Philippines or another country in the far east. Her English was very difficult to understand and the phone call would have been recorded.

I insisted the deal was cancelled and finally it was after putting me on hold.

She said there was no other cheaper deal , I had to take a 18th month mobile phone contract , there was no other deal available.

I have been a virgin customer for 15 years , and this was disgusting , to trap me into a 18 month contract by trying to say if I dont want a Sim card I can just give it away to someone , she made out I was recieving a free Sim card that would have no impact on me. When infact I would be paying £25 a month and her suggestion was just give it to someone for free and pay for it myself ....

The fact is this woman was doing this for some kind of bonus incentive she would recieve in her call center.

I am now looking into leaving.

Frankly this is terrible.

I asked to reduce channels , save money , all I was offered was double the internet speed , more channels 200 , same phone , then added 18month of a £25 per month mobile contract I did not need nor want ( she palmed it off , saying just give the Sim away like it was nothing ... ).

How many poor customers are being treated like this , to think of the thousands Virgin has taken from me over the years , and now this ...

Appalling , We must all stand against this terrible sinister behavior .

9 REPLIES 9

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ajscent 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am so sorry for the poor experience you have had with our team. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide. 

Whilst we're not able to assist with any package changes here, if you are looking to raise this as a formal complaint, we can most certainly log this for you and ensure feedback is provided. 

Alternatively, should you wish to negotiate a new deal, you may send a message to our WhatsApp team on +447305 327 112 who will be happy to help. We have a variety of deals to suit individual needs and budget. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thankyou for your reply.

I made two phonecalls to Virgin and both times I was speaking to someone abroad.

Both times they spoke very quickly making it very difficult for me to understand since English was not their first language.

Both Virgin media representatives told me that they were 'giving' me an O2 sim card ( LIKE IT WAS NOTHING ) palming it off as a secondary thing ontop of a £68 contract they were offering me.

The 02 contract was set to cost me £450 in total over 18months they had added to my request for ONLY tv , broadband and internet.

Is this the a scheme that Richard Branson has personally set up to make himself money to fund his lifestyle on his private island ?

A scheme which requires his personal operatives from abroad to scam pensioners in 2023 ? A scheme where the poor in the UK get forceable given 02 contracts for 18months whilst slyly told it is nothing but a sim card which they can ''give away to a friend if they dont want it '' ?

How much money is Richard Branson making from doing this scheme with his operatives abroad , speaking to the people the UK ?

Is it Billions ? Surely adding on 18month contracts on 02 to people ( elderly ) who request repeately they do not want it , only to be told '' THIS IS THE ONLY WE DO , THERE IS NO OTHER DEAL '' is hugely concerning to all.

Your message , reply , has done nothing , absolutely nothing to stop this terrible method that Richard Bransons company Virgin is using to get money from people.

How many others have to suffer like this ?

How many others have to repeatedly say they do not want an 02 contract , we only want TV ?

It is a way to take money from people , at a time in Great Britain we simply do not have it ...

What a terrible company you are .

Your message to me has done nothing , nothing to bring to justice the people who are operating like this in your company , your indifference to the complaint , suggests your company are more than aware of whats going on ,

the question you should be answering is , Does Richard Branson endorse this , and if so , why is he not on T.V talking to the pensioners of the UK and explaining how his company came up with such an idea

An idea whereby people repeatedly ask not to have an 02 sim , beg not to have an 02 sim ... only then to be told , ''ha , got you , your on the contract now , your going to pay it for 18 months now ''

and the poor UK pensioner says '' I cant afford it , I only rang today just for tv , broadband ''

The operative abroad smirks as they speak , you can hear it in their voice , they are enjoying it '' its to late now , we have you , you must pay now your 02 contract '' - they are grinning , they are loving that they have trapped another Uk penisoner , it is like a game to them , there are good bonus's in the country they are in for doing this.

The UK pensioner gets firm demands this person revoke this contract done over the phone , still the person says it cannot be done , finally this person has to back down , after raised voices from the UK.

The Virgin media operative says '' oh , ok , I will cancel it then ''

They cancel it ...

Then darkly say '' anything else I can do for you today ? ''

The call is terminated.

I then go online to you ...

You will not investigate , you have taken thousands and thousands from me over the years ... many thousands for Richards bank account.

Thousands for him.

You should be the ones ringing me , to apologist , to help me , but no , nothing , just this feeble email from you above.

ajscent
Joining in

You should be listening to the phone call to the woman abroad and to the other one I made to someone abroad

Find out why a person asking ONLY for tv , broadband and internet is having to beg not to have an 02 contract added.

And you should be finding out why they are trying to put me on an 18 month 02 contract when I have told them repeatedly I have a mobile phone contract and I do not want it.

You should find out who the persons supervisor is , find out how many other pensioners are being scammed like this

DO YOU WANT ME TO MAKE THIS SIMPLE FOR YOU ?

I WONDER , I WONDER IF ... IF ... THERE IS A REASON THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING IT TO THE PENSIONERS IN THE UK ???

IT DOES ADD A ''TINY'' FIGURE OF £450 TO THEIR VIRGIN BILL OVER 18MONTHS ...

and how much does that make

THERE ARE OVER 3 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS TO VIRGIN IN THE UK

3 MILLION * £450 = £135,0000000

So we talking ... BILLIONS FOR RICHARD BRANSON , IF HE GETS THEM ALL ON O2

so you find out for me ..

find out , whats happening here , is this whats really going on , why its allowed ...

if 3 million VIRGIN MEDIA subscribers get forced on to £ 450 tarrifs then the final bonus for sales this year would be

£135,0000000

that is billions from doing this ...

finally we are getting close to understanding the suffering we are being put through by virgin media

now

whose idea was all this ...

WHO ?

Hi @ajscent,

Thank you for expanding further on this. I'm incredibly sorry to hear of your experience here, and I can appreciate your frustration from it.

As my colleague advised earlier, we're unable to process any package changes from here on the community forums. This would include upgrades, downgrades and cancellations too. Have you been able to speak with the team about this since your posts here? Has the package now been changed to one that you're happy with?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

I have tried to ring your number you quote above '' +447305 327 112 ''

And guess what ?

On whatsapp , calls cannot be connected

then on my landland - calls cannot be connected

I guess you know that already dont you ?

You already knew you were giving me a deadline to ring

Is this what Virgin do to 15 year old clients , pensioners ?

Hand them deadlines so they will be forced to ring the Phillapines or whereever else , I guess I will be FORCED into speaking to the same person who has tried to scam money before

How does this work for you ?

You cant even be bothered to give me a decent phone number to ring ...

You gave me faulty numbers to ring on purpose above , you already know that though dont you , probably have a grin on your face now as you know what you have done .

cje85
Trouble shooter

The +44 number given is for WhatsApp text messages, not to call. If you want to speak to customer services the number is  0345 454 1111, or 150 from a Virgin line.

I have just discovered what the whats app number is

It is an automated robot ,

I have had several attempted frauds from Virgin by trying to get me to loose £450 to them via a scam with o2 which they refuse to even investigate ....

Now Virgin has put me onto a robot to talk to , I am upset , confused from the scam and now I am given an automated robot via whats app questions to deal with

TELL ME HOW A ROBOT IS GOING TO HAVE SYMPATHY WITH A PENSIONER , HOW IS IT GOING TO DO THAT ?

So first I have several attempts to rip me off and now I have an actually mechanical robot to speak to

Some people would say the call center staff are robotic , some would say that is unfair ...

BUT VIRGIN WENT A STEP FURTHER , IF THE ROBOT CALL CENTER STAFF CANT BREAK A PERSON GIVE THEM AN ACTUAL ROBOT ON WHATS APP

DISGUSTING

Hi @ajscent,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and confusion here, but we have not offered any inactive contact lines.

As @cje85 has also explained, the WhatsApp support number is for messaging only, not phone calls. If you wanted to discuss matters over a phone call then the team can be reached on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

If you opt for messaging via WhatsApp, you will initially speak with a bot to clarify what your query is regarding and then based upon that the bot will route you to speak with the next available agent in the department that you need to discuss matters further with. It's not an immediate response channel like a phone call, but the team will then respond and assist you from there going forward.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

REGGIE3
Joining in

Similar thing happened to me a few months ago. 
if it’s not been resolved, speak to the retention team as this how I sorted mine. Sorry to hear it’s still going on …