cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missold broadband package by Virgin Media sales agent

unhappycamper11
Tuning in

I am a new customer to Virgin Media Broadband, having just moved into a property that had a VM line installed.

After browsing offers online, I was contacted directly by Zico, a Virgin Media sales agent. He offered what I thought was a good deal, matching the price I had found online but also offering to contact my existing provider (EE) to end my contract and to pay any early exit fees. The contract I was sent did not include this offer in the terms, so I sent Zico a text message (he provided his mobile number) asking him to confirm this was included - he confirmed in writing via text message that this would be the case, and that the contract email was a 'generic email', and that 'its something we do for you as agents'.

My Virgin Media service started on Tuesday 22nd June. I received a bill from EE on Wednesday 23rd June for another months' service.

I have called Virgin Media numerous times to query this, and keep getting passed around departments (Sales, Billing, Cancellations, Customer Relations), and have had numerous promises to be called back, but none have materialised. I have also been informed by Customer Relations that the sales team are not able to cancel my service with an existing provider due to data protection.

Can someone from Virgin Media please sort this out for me? Surely this is a case of mis-selling, not least because I have proof in writing from one of your sales agents, but it is not being honoured, and it also seems what they have promised Virgin Media are technically unable to fulfil.

This is incredibly frustrating, particularly as a new customer to Virgin Media. Surely the Consumer Rights Act means that Virgin Media need to honour what was promised at the point of sale?

25 REPLIES 25

Thanks - is there any date or timeframe I can expect a call back regarding this matter? I am now outside my 14 day introductory period, without a resolution to this problem?

Hello unhappycamper11

The Team that are dealing with this will be able to take the 14 day period into account 

Please dont worry its all in hand

Have you tried calling Zico back at all 

Gareth_L

I just received this unhelpful email which provides no additional detail - I am on the phone to the suggested number now, and there has seemingly been no progress on this. As I stated in my original post, I have a text message from the sales agent confirming that early exit fees would be paid. 

What does the resolution even mean? There is no other detail provided?

6F4105B5-2471-43DD-92A7-17A39130E085.jpeg

I am not to sure on that update unhappycamper11

It looks like they have advised that we are not able to cancel other accounts Like EE

And it is up to the Account Holder to cancel it

Gareth_L

It’s all well and good saying that, but it doesn’t change the fact that I was told Virgin Media would cancel my previous provider contract on my behalf, does it?

as I have said before, I have a text message from the sales agent confirming that and that exit fees would be paid by Virgin Media. 

I appreciate that is what was advised 

This is still not resolved and its still under investigation 

Gareth_L

Just as an update, I was told via Live Chat I would be credited the early termination fees I was promised. I provided the fees, and was told these would be credited to my next bill. 

Just received my bill, and what a surprise the credit is not there. Back on to live chat I go. Is this deliberate obfuscation from Virgin Media customer support, on the hope that the customer will lose the energy to keep chasing for what they have been promised?

Sorry to hear that unhappycamper11

As a Forum Tea qwe are unfortunately unable to deal with disconnections, refunds, billing issues, You would need to contact us by same methods you have used already 

Gareth_L

@unhappycamper11 wrote:

What does the resolution even mean? There is no other detail provided?

6F4105B5-2471-43DD-92A7-17A39130E085.jpeg

It means that they were unable to find evidence on THEIR internal system that shows what you were promised.

They are looking for the evidence in their own internal system which is utterly silly of them because the evidence is in the form of a text message.

You need to tell them to look at the text messages from Zico, they need to ask you for the messages, not look on their system where there is nothing to see.

They've completely ignored the fact that the evidence is in the form of a message from their salesman, not a note on their internal system. No wonder VM has won THREE awards this year for TERRIBLE complaints handling.

It is apparent that the complaints team has absolutely no idea what's going on, They don't even correctly identify the issues nor even acknowledge that the Zico guy is the problem, they probably will never even tell Zico to stop giving incorrect information.

Also what is with the grammar in that letter its barely english how unprofessional it looks like something you would get from a scam email