cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missold Package

MarkJH
On our wavelength

So, I've been out of contract with Virgin Media now since 2017 but a couple of weeks ago, I got an enticing offer to put myself back under contract with 25% off. Seemed like a good idea so I went for it. Bill down from around £147 to about £110. Still a lot of money but I'll take it.

Previous to resigning the contract I had:

Full House TV (XL)
Virgin TV 360 Box
Sky Sports HD Pack
Sky Sports Collection
M250 Fibre
Talk Weekends
Voicemail Free
Telephone Line Rental

The email stated "Your contract ended on 27 September 2017. Renew today and get your current package for 25% less than you’re paying now."

So clearly you'd presume that I'd have exactly what I had before but £40 cheaper, right?

Well, at the weekend, the Premier League had started up again and so I went to check Sky Sports News. To my dismay, it was greyed out. In fact, a lot of channels were greyed out.

Investigating further, I noticed that my package was now called Mixit. I presume that Full House (XL) is no longer a thing. But, investigating more, I see that there's also a Maxit (nothing confusing about those names) and presumably, this is what I should now be on?

So, to cut a long story short, should my package, at £110 a month, be Maxit and Virgin Media have made a mistake?

Cheers,
Mark

10 REPLIES 10

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MarkJH 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Our packages have changed a lot since and some of our old packages have been discontinued, the package would of only been changed / removed if agreed over time. If you're unhappy with your current package our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 will be more than happy to discuss further and have you placed onto the best possible deal for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

MarkJH
On our wavelength

Hi Travis,

Yes, I get that, I just would presume that Full House (XL)'s nearest equivalent would be Maxit and not Mixit, surely? I'm suddenly missing dozens and dozens of channels that I otherwise had and doesn't "Renew today and get your current package for 25% less than you’re paying now." mean that I shouldn't have had a massive reduction in channels? To move myself up to Maxit I've got to pay extra and for the price, I almost certainly wouldn't have come back under contract! Hence why I said I'd been missold at the start.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MarkJH

Thanks for your response

My apologies for the inconvenience, if you would like to make any changes to the package to go back up to a higher bundle the team are available on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and they can also provide an insight as to what happened with the package alongside this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

MarkJH
On our wavelength

I think I'll be phoning retentions. But thanks.

MarkJH
On our wavelength

Okay, spoke with a nice chap on the online support, and he managed to get my package down (with Maxit and Sky Sports) to under £80, this included a speed boost from M250 to M350. So, that was nice.

I just wish you didn't have to come pleading for help or threaten to leave to get the best price. It's all so dodgy and old school.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MarkJH 

Thanks for your response

Absolutely great to hear you're now happy with your package and the team were able to resolve this.

Have a great day

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

MarkJH
On our wavelength

Such fun.

Got an email today from Virgin Media: "Thanks for making those changes!"

It's put me back on a contract that I attempted to organise (but got stuck in the system, it would appear) about a week before I organised my contract with online support. So, this "new" contract is about £50 a month more and it's put me back on Mixit rather than Maxit.

Great.

So, on hold (been an hour so far) with VM to put me back on the contract that I organised a week ago before the one that got stuck in the system replaced it.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

MarkJH
On our wavelength

I've been in the queue for nearly two hours now. Is there anybody here who can fix this?

MarkJH
On our wavelength

Okay, nobody got back to me after two hours on the chat so I chose to upgrade my package (which it still told me was the previous contract) with Sky UHD for an extra one pound.

My hope is that this will reinstate my contract from a few days ago and give me UHD on top for a quid, which works for me.

I feel like I'm spitting in the wind here but hey-ho. Also, if anybody from VM could get back to me here to at least figure out what's going on, that'd be great.