Menu
SimonHW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Missing free TV

We started our Oomph bundle contract early Dec '20 and received an email on 03/01/20 that said that VM were "about to deliver" our free gift (UHD 43" TV), by Exertis.

We haven't heard anything since.

I had an hour call to support 2 weeks ago being passed around the help groups that was no help whatsoever. It ended with sales support telling me "delayed by Covid" and that they hoped it would be delivered by 30/01.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SimonHW
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing free TV

Does anyone know how we can find out where our tv is and when it will be delivered? I don't see how Covid delays could account for over 5 weeks of delay, bearing in mind we've had loads of things delivered over the past year and only once had a delay and that was less than a week.

Any help at this point would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If you have a loot at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-free-gifts will explain what to do if you have not received the free gift within the 28 days, there is an email address and a txt only number.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SimonHW
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's the help text number I started with 2 weeks ago. They refused to help because I'm an Oomph customer and said I _had_ to get it dealt with by the Oomph dedicated helpdesk.

When I was eventually passed to the Oomph dedicated team they just fobbed me off to the sales support team!

After I explained my problem & went through customer verification for the fourth time (nobody actually passed my problem through to another group, just put me onto the end of a new helpdesk queue) they just told me "Covid delay". This was after they tried to tell me they had 3 months to send my gift, so I didn't have a problem, and didn't  tell me anything else.

This all took over 2 hours!

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an email address on that page either?

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SimonHW, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us via the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have not yet received your gift from the promotional offer. 

I have taken a look at your account and can confirm that the offer is showing and the order is assigned to your account. 

With that being said, we are experiencing delays with the free gifts at the moment. Have you received any reference numbers via the text service? 

Thanks 

Nat
SimonHW
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for checking that, Nat - good to know it hasn't been forgotten about!

We haven't had any contact by text other than my attempt at the text support number, so no reference number or anything that way.

We just had the emails saying our gift was just about to be delivered by Exertis with the reference KMM73926098V96515LOKM in the subject line. That was on 3rd Jan.

Cheers, Simon.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to us SimonHW,

We will seek to have this resolved for you as soon as we possibly can

I've sent your reference number off to a colleague who will be able to come back to me with any available updates

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

SimonHW
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yay, we just had a surprise TV delivery this morning!

Thanks for whatever chivvying was performed on whom - it obviously did the trick.

Cheers, Simon.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, glad to hear you have just received you TV happy days, apologies for the delay and any inconvenience caused chasing this up.

If you have any further questions or just need general help please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos