cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing cheque refund following disconnection

loriszub
Joining in
Further to a prolonged loss of services prior to the disconnection date, I am due a refund from Virgin Media, which was supposed to be issued via cheque 45 days after the disconnection of my account.

It has now been more than 70 days since the disconnection date and I have still not received the refund, despite multiple calls to the Virgin Media customer services department. Last month, a customer service representative also opened a case to request that a cheque be issued to me within 14 days at the very latest. Those 14 days have now passed and no cheque has been received.

I should be very grateful if the issue of my missing cheque could be resolved as soon as possible. Could a Virgin Media Forum Team member please look into this case and make sure that I receive my overdue refund asap? The phone support team are unable to help me any further and have advised me to write to mobileandresidentialrefunds@virginmedia.co.uk with a complaint, which I have now also done.

6 REPLIES 6

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi loriszub

Sorry this is still ongoing 

I can certainly take a look for you 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi loriszub

Thanks for thiose details 

I can see the credit you are referring to, 

I am chasing this up now for you 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Do you have an update for me regarding my missing refund?

It's now been three days since your last message, in which you said that you were chasing this up for me. I am still waiting for a response from Virgin Media to my complaint and/or explanation as to why my refund has not yet arrived.

It's now been 77 days since the end of my contract and the disconnection date. I was told by customer services that a cheque would be sent to me automatically 45 days from the date of disconnection. 

Loris 

Hi loriszub,

Our apologies you haven't had any further information. 

I will reach out to Gareth to ask him to provide an update. 

^Martin

I am still waiting for a resolution. My refund has not yet turned up and II have had no update from Gareth either.

Sorry to hear this is on going loriszub,

I'll seek to chat with Gareth_L today to see if an update can be provided 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn