Menu
Herman64uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Missing Voucher for Free Amazon Prime

I signed up for the Big Oomph package last year and was supposed to receive free Amazon Prime for 12 months for signing up by 30 July 2020.  According to the terms and conditions, I was to be e-mailed a voucher to be able to access free Amazon Prime but I still haven't received it. 

I texted Virgin Media to request the voucher - no response. 

I submitted a complaint and got an e-mail from the Resolutions Team to say that Amazon Prime had been "added" to my account on 9 September 2020 when my equipment was installed.  I checked and found that I can access Amazon Prime Video on my TV but, without the voucher, I don't actually have Prime on my Amazon account so no Prime Delivery (my main interest), no Prime Music, no Prime Reading etc.  I phoned Virgin Media to explain that I hadn't received the voucher and was told that someone would look into it and call me back.  No-one called back.  Instead, I got a further e-mail from the Resolutions Team saying that, as I hadn't been in touch following the first e-mail, they assumed I was content and had closed my complaint.  I e-mailed back to say that I had called back and that I was not at all content with how my complaint had been handled.  No reply.

I have now texted, e-mailed and phoned Virgin Media about the missing voucher.  It is 7 months since Virgin Media was installed in my house and I still don't have Prime on my Amazon account which was one of my main reasons for signing up with Virgin when I did.  What on earth do I have to do to get the voucher???

Very unhappy with Virgin Media's customer service and thinking of switching back to Sky.  I assume there would be no penalties for switching before the 18 month contract is up since Virgin have failed to uphold their side of the contract?    

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Voucher for Free Amazon Prime

Morning @Herman64uk

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but we can certainly look into this for you. 

With things like Amazon vouchers these are from third party companies, so we don't deal with them directly. You usually get in touch with the third party company that is offering them and have a limit of 90 days after install. 

The best company to get in touch with is Giftcloud.com as these are where the vouchers and gifts come form. 

If you have any further issues, please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Herman64uk
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The terms and conditions for free Amazon Prime were listed as follows:

Amazon Prime Voucher or £75 Bill credit: New customers taking the Big bundle, Big + Picks, Bigger bundle + Movies, Bigger bundle + Sports, Bigger bundle + Sports & Movies, Oomph bundles and Ultimate Oomph bundle online only during the offer period between 27th July 2020 and 11.59pm on 30th July 2020: 18-month minimum term contract applies. May not be used in conjunction with any other offer unless stated by Virgin Media. Availability subject to stock and colour of the device may vary. One reward per household. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any time. Prices are subject to change. You must provide an email address when you sign-up. If your email address is not provided or is not valid you will not receive the reward. You will not be entitled to your reward if you cancel your services or downgrade to a bundle lower than the Big bundle prior to installation or within 14 days of your services being installed. No cash or other alternative. Amazon Prime Voucher: An access code for the Compliments Select portal will be emailed to you approximately 28 days after installation. You must redeem your retail voucher within 90 days of the issue date on the Compliments Select site, minimum expiry of 12 months from allocation in which to be spent. If the voucher does not arrive within 3 months of installation visit virginmedia.com/gifthelp, as your entitlement to the gift ends 6 months after installation.

The onus is on Virgin Media to ensure that I receive the offer I am entitled to in my contract.  I can't see how it should be down to me to contact a third party company who presumably won't have any idea what I am talking about.  It seems that I will never receive free Amazon Prime.  I am utterly disillusioned with Virgin Media and their appalling customer service.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying back to me, 

I do understand what you're saying, but a lot of our gifts and vouchers are from third party companies such as gift cloud. 

From looking on the notes of your account it does look like you were advised this as well. 

However, have you been in touch with the email link given on the terms and conditions? Virginmedia.com/gifthelp as this does look like if you haven't received your gift voucher here, you can have a look here and appeal it. 

Have you tried to do that? 

Please do keep me updated. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Herman64uk
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you fr replying Sasha.

I have checked out virginmedia.com/gifthelp and they advise that if "you’re still waiting for your gift text us for free on 0753 305 1809 ^ and one of our team will be happy to help during our opening times 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday. "  As suggested, I texted the number given (weeks ago) and have not received a response.

My contract is with Virgin Media and, in line with consumer protection law, it should be that company's role to resolve any issues I have with its failure to deliver the terms and conditions I signed up for, not mine to follow up with third party companies.  I looked at the gift cloud link you provided and it seems that it is only designed to deal with businesses who wish to use its voucher services (e.g. Virgin Media), not with individual consumers who have problems.  Has anyone tried to contact gift cloud directly and managed to resolve a missing voucher problem?   

0 Kudos
Herman64uk
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to my earlier reply that, if Virgin Media intend that customers who do not receive their voucher for free Amazon Prime should contact gift cloud to sort out the problem, they should have systems in place to facilitate that and instructions for customers to follow.  I can't find anything on Virgin Media's site which tells customers which third party company they should contact and how, only the instructions outlined above which ask customers to text Virgin Media about missing vouchers.  As I have already said, I followed these instructions but got no reply. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Herman64uk

Quick question 

Have you checked all your junk and spam folders 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Herman64uk
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Yes, I have checked all possible mail folders and I have not received anything relating to the free Amazon Prime voucher.

A further thought: at the time of signing up, I had a choice between requesting the free Amazon Prime voucher or a £75 bill credit.  Unfortunately, I chose the voucher but, since that has not materialised despite texts, e-mails and phone calls, is it possible to request the £75 bill credit instead and, if so, how?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Herman64uk

Thanks for replying 

That was my next resolution to look a the credit on the account 

To get this applied 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Herman64uk
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your response Gareth.

I have responded to your private message and hope that the bill credit can be sorted out.  It would be lovely to reach a positive end to this long saga!

Regards

0 Kudos