cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Order

simonpdowling
Tuning in

I, like many people, recieved the letter about the price increase and I'm coming to the last few months of my contract so decided to re-consider my current package.

I called up and was offered a deal, that wasn't particularly great, but then decided to 'Change My Speed' online. I got offered an upgrade to the 1Gig for £51.30 per month, so accepted it. I received a contract. I received an order number. 

A few days later I'd not heard anything so went to track my order, and I have 'no open orders'. I ring up, no trace of the order. I ring again to speak to retentions, no trace of the order but they offer me the same package at a bigger cost.

Is this a scam? Even if I go on the site now it is offering me broadband for £49.25. I can even place the order again but presume this also isn't going to go through.

Can anyone from Virgin explain why these orders don't go through? Can anyone from Virgin actually offer me these prices?

simonpdowling_1-1679338882972.png

simonpdowling_2-1679338919683.png

7 REPLIES 7

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @simonpdowling, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media community forums page. 👋🏼

'm sorry to see the confusion regarding the price. 😞
I will assist you on this and clarify anything that needs to be sorted.

I will send a private message, watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Blakey47
On our wavelength

I had the same thing.

Was offered an upgrade on my speed to gig1 for an additional £7 making it £45 a month and I went through the order and accepted it, got an email confirmation and estimated activation date but the order didn't show in my list of orders.

Went onto the online chat and the order couldn't be found, but they could offer me the same upgrade for £64!

I said why do I want to pay £64 when I agreed to and got confirmation of the same package for £45. I got passed through to someone else who told me that to get gig1 you must have an O2 SIM and they could offer me the same package plus the o2 sim to allow for the speed upgrade for £59.

I don't need another phone number and I would have happily paid £45 for the upgrade that was originally offered on my account but I'm not playing £21 more than I do now just to get an unwanted SIM card and the speed boost.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Blakey47, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issue with the ordering of the upgrade, and the seemingly misleading information on the terms of the upgrade.

Do you have any screenshots that can confirm what you attempted to order from Virgin Media for us to look into?

Please omit any sensitive information from the screenshot(s) you send.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Blakey47
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20230322_164200_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_163944_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_163955_Gmail.jpg

Here's the confirmation email 

Blakey47
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20230322_173001_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Hi Blakey47, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community with these screenshots. 

We'd love to take a look in to things but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @simonpdowling on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have been able to confirm the package price. and clarify any matters brought forward.
As well as that another query has been brought forward to us, an issue with the broadband connection on the network.
We can see that there is an issue with the upstream and downstream levels on the network, and so for this we have raised an engineer appointment, for which the details have been confirmed privately, and we aim to have this fixed ASAP when the engineer arrives.

As advised - let us know how it goes with the appointment and reach out to us for any other queries that you may have.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team