Menu
laydit
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Missing Currys / PC World gift card

I'm getting so annoyed!  I have contacted VM at least 4 times to chase up a missing £50 Currys / PC World gift card which I was given when I signed my contract.  I have an email from VM confirming this from early September 2020 and my broadband has been live since 26th September.  I have contacted the text service several times.  The first two times they said they had raised an escalation and that someone would come back to me within 48 hours but nothing happened.  The last time I chased, they said that I would have to contact Currys / PC World, which I have done.  They advise that it is not their responsibility because my order was not with them.  VM say that the deal was offered through a third party.....however, I don't know who that is as it is now 5 months since I shopped online.  In any case, I am VM customer and from my point of view, I don't care what they need to do to sort it out in the background with any other third party....  Anyone else have this issue?  I can't remember if the deal was direct from VM or on a comparison site....but it shouldn't really matter!  Any help welcome, I am getting so frustrated!

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Currys / PC World gift card

'I can't remember if the deal was direct from VM or on a comparison site....but it shouldn't really matter!'

well it does matter. if it was from a comparison site/3rd party then virgin would have no idea and wouldn't be responsible for it. a bit like me being a local milkman, offering you free hovis bread for a month and you complaining to hovis when it doesn't arrive. in this case, i would say virgin are hovis.

but, if you hang around for a bit i'm sure one of the mods will be along to investigate and confirm.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Currys / PC World gift card

Hello laydit

Thank you for taking the time to contact us in regards to your vouchers as part of your order. We appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

As you have advised in your post, the information given when you spoke to the team is correct. The offer of the voucher would be from the third party, in this case, the site used to sign up for Virgin Media.

We understand this may have been some time ago, we would advise to check any records you have in relation to the broadband. More details on our 'gifts' can be found here virg.in/gifthelp. We appreciate this may not be the answer you were looking for but hope it helps you in resolving the issue.

Rob

0 Kudos