Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Missed Payment Last Month

I received an email from VM a few days ago "Your Virgin Media bill is ready"  outlining my April bill and informing me that it was increased slightly because no payment had been made in March.

I have a DD set up so checked my bank account and it is indeed correct that although a payment was due, no payment was taken in March. This isn't a case of a failed payment request, there simply was no request made in the first place. I had been in discussion with customer support on billing issues in March and this did involve credits being issued so maybe that is pertinent?

The email contains lightly veiled threats of disconnection if the outstanding amount from March isn't paid immediately:

"Your latest Virgin Media bill is now ready and waiting for you online.

This bill may be higher than you were expecting. An amount is still owing from last month, and you'll need to take immediate action to avoid your services being suspended.

Please use one of the following options to bring your account up to date.
Sign in via the 'View & Pay this bill' button above and follow the payment instructions
Call our dedicated payment line on 0800 064 3777 to make an automated payment"

The DD worked fine for January and February and all my other DDs went through as normal.

My question is whether I should just wait until later this month when the DD is actually due at which time everything will clear (assuming it goes through correctly), or should I attempt to pay manually now at the risk of having the payment taken a second time when the DD date falls?

I'd normally discuss this with customer support over the phone of course but that's impossible at present.

My gut feeling is to leave it until this month's DD is due but I don't know whether some automated process might kick in that would disconnect my service before that time. The last thing that any of us needs is having their internet service disconnected at the moment.

M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missed Payment Last Month

Although no-one could help I thought I'd update this in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation.
I stuck with my gut feeling and waited it out till the April due date fell and the payment went through without a hitch so everything is now square again.
Must have been a one time glitch.
M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos