cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misold a package

Mcvey
Joining in

I'm a new customer and I decided on the basic package with 250gb Internet for £32 a month. A wasn't getting the speeds throughout  house, so I phone virgin about getting boosters, the virgin staff member advised if I paid and extra £4  a month they could upgrade my package to the 1gb Internet and tv would stay the same. It would work out cheaper for me as a could get boosters for free with the extra tariff. All was good a was happy with the deal. Fast forward a couple of weeks my bill is through the roof infact more than double what was agreed. I phoned countless times to try and get this resolved. Turns out the person who processed it didn't do it properly and now when a get someone to look into it they can't see what deal it was. I been on the phone for hrs apon hrs with no resolve. Spoke to someone the other day who put my mind at ease. They said they know what happened and the would phone me bk when they had a fix, that was last week. No phone call! Phoned again today got hung up after 40 mins. then tonight  was on for over 2 hrs. Basically got told the fault was mine. I'm really frustrated with this. I just want to speak to someone who can sort this. So if you're out there please help

2 REPLIES 2

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Oh dear, now where to start? 

Firstly, you weren't getting the speeds throughout your house, that you thought you should? OK well fair enough, WiFi being a bit of a fickly beast - except what appears to have happen is that you were advised to upgrade on the promise that it would 'fix' it, no? Of course it didn't fix the issue, it is legally referred to as 'mis-selling' which is actually illegal, but naturally VM have no knowledge of it or what their 'agents' are doing!

Call back for someone, especially a 'manager' - doesn't happen, it's a standard ploy by VM to get an annoying caller off the phone so they can move on.

Now these incidence have been going on for so long now with no attempt to sort it out, so how abut this as a supposition;

Virgin Media's customer service provision is positively told to, and incentivised to, deliberately lie and mis-sell products to customers! Furthermore the senior management are fully aware of this and do nothing to rectify it, indeed they encourage it because it increases income - naturally it doesn't help the customer, but who cares about them, certainly not VM?

Oh no, sorry, did I say that out loud, of course I have absolutely no proof that this is the case and hence can only be taken as a personal opinion.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Mcvey, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear there is a billing issue.

I have taken a look at our side and I can see you've been in contact with our team about this, did they explain everything to you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?