Menu
Julz94
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Misinformation and poor customer service

I recently put in a disconnection with virgin for my broadband on the 10th  April as I wasn’t happy with what deals they were offering ...They promised two months before that they would put a discount on the package to avoid the extra price rise. ( I’m only on 100mb broadband )  so to receive nearly the same price raise as someone that has the full package to me is not reasonable.  So with that in mind I had enough and put in cancellation. I asked the rep. Are you sure no one will call me a day or two after offering a good deal and wasting my time ?  She said no they won’t. 

so a new order was placed through a comparison site under my wife’s name ( still virgin ) which was better than being quoted before I cancelled. 

got a call 12th April from outbound retention team and a good deal was offered and I accepted. 

today I get a call from virgin and say the new deal on the original account can’t go through due to the new order having credit in it.  They cancelled the new order.  ( which had a £75 voucher )  so lost out on that . They cancelled new order to try make the original account active.. now they said best they can do is the new order monthly price ( which is £7 a month more then the deal the outbound retention team offered me ) 

( without the £75 voucher ) 

Any help? I have put cancellation on both new and old accounts as I’m not really fused if I leave as their wifi is shockingly bad if you leave the room where the hub is and I only live in a 1 bed flat. 

thank you 

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Misinformation and poor customer service

Hi @Julz94,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am really sorry for the experience and we would be sad to see you leave us. 

Unfortunately, this is not something we can assist with here- It is our Retentions team on 0345 454 1111 who can discuss any other offers with you in full. 

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos