Menu
Nad0101
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mis sold deal

Hi, I have been a virgin customer for years and wanted to add a sim.  I spoke to various agents one of whom sold me a plan for £36 and then an extra £2 for already having a separate existing virgin sim so it would be £34.  This would include my broadband.  
The agent said that the contract would be for 18 months and all the discounts will stay for the duration of 18 months (said the plan should be £72). She repeated this over and over and I confirmed over and over.
On checking my bill the extra £2 was not taken off  or mentioned and some of the discounts expire in 12 months even though it’s a 18 months contract, so basically the agent lied.

I called to sort things out and a very very rude agent said ok then I’m going to remove all your discounts right now so you will br paying £72 then I will remove your £2 discount so you will pay £70.  He was adamant and rude until I said no leave it and had to repeat it over and over.

I cannot believe the rudeness of the agent and the mis selling. Surely this is not allowed.  I even asked the agent to listen to the recording when the contract was being confirmed, but he proceeded to talk all over me and wanted to change it to charge me double.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mis sold deal

If you’ve made a complaint then you need to wait and follow the complaints code of practice.

Theres little more a forum rep can add on here 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mis sold deal

Good Afternoon Nad101,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums

Sorry to hear of the poor experience you've had with our team when negotiating a new contract

I'll be happy to take a look into this for you to see exactly what's going on, and will also seek to feed back to any agents that have deemed to have behaved in an unprofessional manner

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos