Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mis sold contract

Hi all

Need to know what to do pls been mis sold broadband.  All started has I browsing VM website for broadband speeds input address etc. Next couple of days a Sales Rep calls round enquiring that he had received enquiries about broadband,  I was at work so missus took card of him with number.

I rang him and gave me a run down of speed and prices so I settled on 350Mb for £35 no Setup Fee and No Activation Fee. He said he would email VM with details and will get back to me soon within an hour so he rang back and installation booked for 14th Oct 2020.

In the meantime no no paperwork from VM  till installation date. Come 14th Oct engineer comes round and installs Hub 4and after about 30 mins leaves.

4 weeks go by still no paperwork not even a Account no from VM so decide to speed test and comes back has 200Mb so ring VM and they say speed 200Mb at £35 , I told customer service I supposed to be on 350 Mb he said no sales rep didn't quote .

He quoted 200Mb for £35 and not 350Mb has we agreed over phone. So VM blaming Sales Rep . 

Today got a shock VM debited my Acc for £135 , phoned up and said £35 for 1st month £35;for advance , so OK I said , I said where does the £65 come from he said £30 Activation Fee and £35 Set up Fee. I said should be free according to Sales Rep , customer service agent said No.

So basically was told 350 Mb broadband for £35 but getting 200Mb paid for £65 for Set up and Activation Fee which should have been free according to Agent.

Only 6bweeks into contract but only found this out last week has I didn't have a Acc no to log on to VM .

So what can be done ? Can I cancel on basis of Mis Selling over the phone didn't even receive Contact from Virgin or Sign anything.

Any help appreciated pls.

Eggie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mis sold contract

Hi Eggie, 

Thank you for taking the time to post on our Community Forums for help.

I am really sorry to hear there has been some confusion/mix-up surrounding your recent order. Have you received other communications from us recently via email? I just want to check whether there might be an issue with the contact details on our end, as you definitely should have received a confirmation regarding the package changes.

Have you tried calling the representative on the card they provided? I'm assuming this card has his name and possibly his rep ID on, which will come useful so that we can get contact him to discuss this.

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Beth

I have called the rep and he insists that VM have made a mistake when setting up the contract. I have called VM about 4 to 5 times each time on hold for well over an hour. All customer service reps I got insisted on my Acc no or password, Acc no I didn't have and Password that was set up by Rep over the phone was wrong, so they all said they couldn't do anything about until I have Acc no or correct password., I explained to them this was set up over the phone by a rep of VM and I have not received any communication from VM has of yet. So one customer service rep said OK ill send the Acc no out for you , so got that 12 Nov 2020 by post but that also was wrong had only 8 digits , so had to phone back in and get correct Acc no to set up VM online account. Then on my VM account noticed wrong email being used on account , not the one given to rep when setting contract up, I was getting curious when speaking to customer service reps has all the information I gave to VM rep regarding Password  and email , VM couldn't match it on account.

VM rep left a card but only his first name on it and phone no.

Rep when setting account up said and still insists that he gave correct details for contract £34 per month for 350 Mb and no Setting up Fee and No Activation Fee , he said it would be free.

So now paying £35 for 200Mb which should have been 350Mb and also paid extra £65 for Set up and Activation fee which should have been free also in this Pandemic money is hard to come by due the Job situation.

So please can you honour the contract £35 for 350Mb and free Set up and Activation fee . So therefore can you refund me my £65  which I paid in Fees.

I hope we can resolve this amicably,  has I was mis sold the contract , I even haven't signed anything paper wise.  

So I await your outcome.

Attaching VM calling card covered half of number for Privacy if you need it then I will give it to you.

20201117_184733.jpg

20201117_184458.jpg

Thanks

Eggie99

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us Eggie99,

I've sent you a private message so I can take a closer look at things for you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos