cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis sold contract, cancelled

Harves218
Joining in

Hi new customer here.

i took out a new package on the 28th Oct using a friends and family discount which was good value but had to include an O2 sim. (A Volt package with M250 broadband)

However my sons wanted the faster broadband so I contacted the online chat to see if there was an upgrade I could move to. As luck would have it the agent said they could upgrade me to 1gig, keeping my 18 month contract etc for increased price to £33.50. So I thought that’s a good deal and said yes. This is all within the 14 day cooling off period btw.

All was fine and due to be upgraded with new hub 5 router delivered tomorrow (8th Nov) until I had thought best to check that the new contract price included the O2 sim that was included on the old one. The way it was sold to me was that it is, I have chat transcripts and screen shots to back this up.. the previous agent said if I chose to remove the O2 sim I would then pay £6 extra on top of the £33.50, so I left it as is.

Anyway I contacted the online chat today to clarify and the new agent said no it didn’t include the new sim. So essentially this good deal I have isn’t actually a good deal, it’s £33.50 for the 1gig and an extra £10 for a sim I’m never going to use *as my whole family is with EE and can’t fault their service so wouldn’t leave them*
so I asked the agent to cancel my services and have also gone ahead and cancelled my O2 sim.

Really annoyed I was mis-sold an upgrade and to be honest we were happy with our new virgin media broadband. Had it not even a week and I was impressed with the speeds. Just a shame the advisor didn’t give me the correct information.

If I decided to stay and cancel the cancellation could I continue with the existing £33.50 contract + the additional £6 as quoted by the previous advisor as I removed the O2 Sim? This is what was stated in their chat so surely that should be honoured..

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Harves218 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that the contract you have agreed to is different that what has been provided, I can certainly understand the frustration with this.

We'll certainly be happy to take a look at this further for you. I'll pop you over a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Harves218 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that the contract you have agreed to is different that what has been provided, I can certainly understand the frustration with this.

We'll certainly be happy to take a look at this further for you. I'll pop you over a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules