cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis sold a free package upgrade by Virgin Media

richandlinda
Tuning in

I also was mis sold an O2 SIM card when I upgraded my Virgin Media contract to Virgin 360.  When it was offered to me by the Virgin contact I asked what I  should do with it.  The non committal answer was to "use it myself or give it to a friend or family member".  At no time was it mentioned that there was a cost involved but I subsequently received a letter from O2 welcoming me to O2 and telling me what I had "signed up for"!!  Turned out I had "signed up for" a new phone number and an 18 month contract which would cost me £25 per month. (I already have a mobile phone contract with O2 and certainly do not want another one!)  The next day I checked my bank account and found that a Direct Debit had already been set up - WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE - and that £25 had been debited from my account.  Can you believe it!!  This was in mid February and I have been battling with O2 ever since then to get the contract cancelled and my money back.  Cancelled the contract but not without the hassle of several lengthy phone calls and THREE visits to my local O2 shop (I am lucky enough to have one in my High Street) but still (March 18th) have not got my money back.  O2, of course, tried to wash their hands of the whole affair and blame Virgin but the contract and DD were in their name. I persisted and they reluctantly sort of helped but my wait goes on.

Now for a fight with Virgin and to find out how it was possible that I was mis sold a SIM card that I never asked for nor wanted.  Smells of dodgy business to me and ii will push for compensation and will have no hesitation in contacting National Press and Ombudsman if necessary.

Incidentally, I never received any confirmation email or letter from Virgin with the details of my new contract and that is another thing on the agenda once I have finished with O2.  And one of the 360 boxes packed up after two days!!  But that is another story!!  Watch this space!!

Richard Marsh

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi richandlinda,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear the package you received wasn't as expected and also weren't aware the Sim would be charged separately, so I can get a better understanding of what you were advised and can discuss the account I will send you a link into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi richandlinda,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and clearing security, apologies again caused by the lack of information and clarity around the new deal you took and that it wasn't as advised, I am glad I was able to help and hope this has now resolved this for you, if you have any further issues or need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Mine was definitely miss sold. I was told by the tech team that they were offering me the O2 sim for an extra £10 per month. Ok I thought will come in handy for the old lady etc. Now I have looked at the bill it is an extra £25!!!!

Nothing lasts forever....

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey boogiemoog, thanks for posting on our help forum.

We're sorry to hear of the price issue with your O2 SIM card, is it our Ultimate Volt bundle you joined recently and have you reached our team in regard to this issue?
Also, did you receive the new deal and it;s details via email when this change were processed for you and what's the value for the O2 SIM confirmed on it?

Please, let us know and we're eager to best assist with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Worse still the signal is diabolical

Nothing lasts forever....

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this reply and sorry to hear of the signal being poor too on your new SIM, boogiemoog.

To check if there are coverage issues where you're located you can visit here and check this on the O2 page. 
Please tell if this issue is on one location or anywhere you go?

Also, in regard to your O2 SIM and price, did you receive any communication via email to confirm this following this package change?

Let us know, happy to help. 

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs