Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Mis-Sold by LiveChat SMS and can't get help

Hi,

I contacted live chat in Dec. to up my broadband speed in contract. Was told it would cost £5 a month more and agreed to it.

I can't afford more than this. Next bill I expected to be pro rata and budgeted for it.

The price went up by £27 a month. With the pro rata on top I couldn't afford it. I tried to get in contact over the phone as soon as the email bill came through.

Was passed to what seemed to be a different office and was told she had spoken to a manager but that it was sorted and would be corrected when the bill came out.

Nothing happened and it didn't change.

I spoke to someone in payments called Andrew who said he could see what happened and would take the right payment over the phone.

I thought it was sorted but next month it is still up £15 a month on what it was AND the next DD will include the difference from the last bill that apparently wasn't paid.

I submitted a formal complaint but the letter says I agreed the price increase. I have the live chat SMS on my phone and have re-read it 3 times due to the stress and it is £5 a month more. it's clear as day. I can;t tell u how much stress this is causing because I still have £6 months left of contract and can't afford this.

Has anyone got any ideas what I can do? I need help but can't get anywhere over the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mis-Sold by LiveChat SMS and can't get help

Hi Beechfch1920

First of all thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. 

Sorry that you have had to though 

I am happy to make sure what was agreed on the SMS is backdated and applied for the remainder of your contract 

I will need to pass security first though 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos