cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Might have made a mistake when signing up for a new contract

Sigma
Fibre optic

I've been with VM for many years. I'm currently paying £48 a month for M250 broadband and a TiVo with Maxit TV, but I have 2 discounts applied to my account that are due to end next month.

I signed into My Virgin Media today and clicked on "Upgrade package" which was supposedly going to show me the latest deals for me. That took me to a page where a new contract was already selected, seemingly offering the same services as I have now for £52 a month, for 18 months. I clicked through and accepted it.

However, I then received an email with a couple of PDFs attached, one of which shows that my services will be M250 broadband, which is fine, but Virgin TV 360 with the TV Essentials package.

I'm not interested in changing any of my services at this time, and my TiVo is working fine so I have no need to swap to TV 360. I thought that I was basically being offered a deal to keep my existing services for £52 a month as long as I signed on for another 18 months, which I'm fine with, but that does not seem to be the case.

Can anyone help me with this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We're sorry for the experience you've had Sigma,

So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sigma 👋

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion caused when looking at new packages in your My Virgin Media. We have recently changed our packages, and their associated names. As a result of this, you may see that your package appears a little different to what it used to be.

In regard to the TV box, the TiVo box is no longer something we offer, so any recontracts or new packages may only include a V6 or TV360 box. We're unable to assist directly with package changes via the Forums, so it would be best to call us on 📞 0345 454 1111, if you wish to discuss things further.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I tried calling, but I was just put into a seemingly endless queue.

I also tried using WhatsApp yesterday afternoon, and after about 2 hours someone responded, then after talking to me for 15 minutes, they said they couldn't help and would pass me on to someone else, except nobody else has replied.

Also, I noticed that the phone number on my account is a VM landline number that I no longer have, but when I try and change it, it just gives me an error message.

It's the worst customer service I've ever experienced. An absolute joke.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I appreciate and understand the frustration this is causing, Sigma.

Our WhatsApp service isn't an instant reply, and depending on agent availability at the time of contacting us, you may be placed into a queue and it can take up to 48 hours for a response.

Our call centres can become busy during the day, and we recommend calling during off-peak times (after 7PM Mon-Fri) or shortly after our lines open for the day (8AM).

Rest assured, our team will respond or answer as soon as possible and be able to assist further with your queries and package concerns. They will also be able to make any changes to the account where the information appears incorrect.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

This is the most infuriating experience I've ever had with a company.

Via WhatsApp, I have had 4 different people ask me what my problem is, and I've had to copy and paste the same answer every time.

In 2 cases, the people said they couldn't help and would pass me over to someone else.

In the 3rd case, they said that they would review my services. I said OK, then they stopped responding.

The final person I spoke to was utterly useless. He did not understand my problem AT ALL. He kept telling me to switch to essential broadband, for people on low incomes, even though I repeatedly kept saying that I have no interest in doing that. Then he told me he could offer me "Mega TV 3" for £72 per month, even though I'd told him I was trying to save money, not spend more, then after saying I wasn't interested in that, he started posting the link about essential broadband again!! He then told me that I could look for a new package online, and linked me to the VERY PAGE where I signed up for the new contract in the first place.

Please, PLEASE let me know how I can get in touch with someone at VM who can actually help me. If there isn't anyone, I will cancel my services with you and switch to Sky or PlusNet.

We're sorry for the experience you've had Sigma,

So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm