Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mid-Sold Contract

I had someone from the sales team knock on our door to convince us to move from sky to virgin.

Agreed at £32 a month with £150 credit applied and 3 months of sky movies. Signed by both of us.

Got my official bumpf from Virgin and noticed it said £33 a month with no mention of the credit or movies. Gave them a call, they said tough, it’s £33 a month or else and I couldn’t leave or else I would have to pay the rest of my contract in one go.

Not being able to deal with such appalling customer service and spoken to like dog muck, I’ve stuck with them for a year waiting to leave and for them to honour the deal. Still nothing. Called again today and told the only thing they could do was offer me £32 a month for the next 12 months!

I want to leave these lying thieving con artists and get my money back.

I’ve emailed a copy of my original pre-contract agreement to ‘a manager’ which clearly shows the monthly amount and credit to be applied I but don’t hold out much hope.

I am utterly disgusted with the service I have received thus far from virgin, and outraged that the salesman can give such inaccurate information with no repercussions. Their customer service is disgraceful.

What is my next step?OFCOM?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mid-Sold Contract

HI mushypea16, Do you have any written  conformation that this was agreed? Do you have the complaints reference number? ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

to add to VM's sparse reply - you can leave with no penalty in the 14 day cooling off period so if you are in that

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

you should get to a UK agent - dont speak to offshore they are less use than chocolate teapots 

what the signed paper is worth with the price and £150 cash back i have no idea - you might get them to honour it but it will likely be an uphil struggle

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, as I said I have a signed pre-contract information sheet (where I keep one and the lying virgin barstool took the yellow copy)

No complaints reference as Virgin took so long and were so crap, I gave up complaining at the start of the contract.

And unfortunately I conveniently got the paper work confirming how much my contract would be after 14 days so I couldn’t cancel without penalty.

How on earth are they allowed to agree to one thing and not honour it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can’t seem to post pdf or photos of my agreement on here. Arrrggg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

D60A2DCE-A0E2-4AD4-AC3D-266264ACB6AB.jpeg

Vm1.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

it takes images a while to show - have just approved them so give them a few minutes 

hopefully VM here can sort it - OFCOM will log it and do nothing - you can raise a complaint which from other posts here will likely disappear down a deep hole - i think the small claims court is another option

theres a few other posters who know much more than i do hopefully they will jump in

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi mushypea16, thanks for the message. We will send you a private message ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

EA790824-4FCA-4DBA-8865-8FFD0140BF5D.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony.

I am just in complete disbelief that they can get away such a breach of contract.

unfortunately I was very ill last year and did not have strength to continue complaining or fight this. Fortunately I’m a lot better now and am not going to let this slide, even if I have to take it the small claims. 
From what I’ve read, Virgin seem to make quite a habit of deceiving and robbing people. 
Will never touch these cowboys again.

0 Kudos