Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mates Rates

Hi there, 

I've just tried contacting the Mates Rates team after unsuccessfully getting the solution to my problem via customer services and retentions. I was given an email address to contact that bounced back. I didn't fancy another long phone wait, so have cunningly tried again with a dot between the 2 words. It hasn't seemed to have bounced back this time but wanted to know if this was correct. Can you please confirm the email address for me?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mates Rates

Hi Peter7575, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're having trouble contacting the Mates Rates team, it's not what we like to hear. 

Can I ask what problem it is you're having exactly and we'll see what we can to do help. 

Or you can contact your friend who works for Virgin Media and they'll be able to provide you further contact details. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for any help.

I just typed a long response but accidentally closed the page. I believe there should be notes on my account. [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] site ID 03.

A potted version... I left the company after 13 years. I received (dated 11 feb) a letter saying my "My Rates" deal would end and I can seamlessly move to a Mates Rates deal for £77. My package is coming to £91. So, I contacted Customer Retentions to resolve. They put me through to standard Customer Services before properly hearing me out. I knew C.S. would struggle getting me help and after we hit a wall, I got passed back to C.R. who tried to emulate the package in the letter. They couldn't, so suggested I email mates rates with the letter and my account details. Unfortunately I was given the wrong email address, matesrates@virginnedia.co.uk, as it bounced. I tried mates.rates@virginmedia.co.uk. and have yet to receive any notification that they're received anything. I understand they may be short staffed with all that's going on. I've tried attaching the letter here and it's said the file is too big. Although aren't the deals that are sent out captured on the systems?

So essentially I need to get that package down to the price in the letter, or lower as we have used the TV service only a handful of times (maybe only twice!) in the last few years. I wonder if the codes were put on wrong during the package transition. I saw that I had a kids package on my account. We have no kids. It also says we're on 350Mb, it was 200Mb on the letter.

Even if all I get is confirmation on the mates rates email being correct that would be great. 

Kind regards

Peter

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20200628-110749_Gallery.jpg

 Now it fits!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information Peter7575, 

What I'll need to do is send you a personal message so we can have a closer look into it. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos