Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mandatory V6 box upgrade then charged extra

I received a letter saying my v box will no longer give me all my requested channels and that I needed to upgrade to V6 box which would be free with no additional charges or changes to my contract. I ordered the replacement box then received an email telling me my monthly bill would go up by an additional £5.00 per month because of the change. How can virgin send a letter stating one thing then do something completely different. I have been trying unsuccessfully for 2 days to speak to someone to sort this out but just keep getting put on hold and cut off on online chats with an adviser

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mandatory V6 box upgrade then charged extra

did you follow the process in the letter for the upgrade or did you just call up and upgrade to a V6?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I followed the process in the letter. I have since spoken to 2 people from virgin who say they will transfer me to customer relations as they cannot help with the additional charge but then just get put on hold for 1 hour. It is disgraceful that you cannot seem to get any help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

anyway if you still have a V box you should call in and see what deals/offers you can get. you must be on a really old package as they have not been installing boxes for about 6 years

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have been with them for over 8 years (still have all the original tv boxes that were provided) I am currently on hold with them as the person I have been speaking too could not offer me any help - currently on 50 minutes on hold

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dorne, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the incorrect charge for your box upgrade. I hope you were able to make some progress with the teams on the phone at the weekend? If not, please send me a PM confirming your account number and I'll get back to you asap to help further.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still no joy in speaking to the team. How do I PM you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dorne

Hover your cursor over Tom_F name in red anda box will pop up. Just click on the envelope with the send message text

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali