Menu
zimmerphrame
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty means squat

currently paying £100 a month for my package with 2 tv boxes, i finally managed to get through to customer services to change my old package to the similar 'bigger bundle'-and remove the 2nd box, and i get told it'll cost the same as i'm paying now..... if i remove the second box but keep my current package, it'll be £70- but i have to enter into a new 18 month contract... the bigger bundle, which is almost exactly the same as what i have now is £49 a month then £88 a month after 18 months.. i think its bloody disgusting that 20 years loyalty- even with the unreliable broadband- gets you nothing... needless to say, i have declined the 'offer' and will start shopping around in a week or so when i get the week off.... i might get slower speeds on another network i'm thinking of, but i bet i get less jitter/packet loss and tv box dropouts..

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyalty means squat

correct loyalty means nothing.

its really a disloyalty discount. People are only loyal to a company that suites them. Companies are only loyal to profits and stakeholders.

You go with what works for you.

I won't stay with a provider if someone else can do better. If they try and offer me a disloyalty discount to stay i will still leave as they could of offered that to start with. Insurance is a perfect example.

If they can offer me cheaper car insurance now I'm leaving why did they put it up after the first year.
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyalty means squat

Thanks for the post.

As with all providers we do offer introductory offers to new customers, at the start of all of our customers time with us they will have benefited from such a deal. Once this expires we'll always do all we can to offer the best existing customer deal available.

To discuss package pricing you can call on 150/0345 454 1111.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos