Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty customer discount removed?

• I have just renewed my M200 Broadband Contract which was £29.74pm but was told the new price would be £41.74 but with a discount it would then be £38.74, I asked why I only had a £3 discount and was told that’s all there was on the system, I stated I’ve been a customer for nearly 20 years and that I’ve always had more discount with my packages, I was told there was only a £3 discount and that was it, I asked to be transferred to retentions but was told it does not exist anymore! I then agreed to the new price and have now received the contract which states I have a discount of £3 but my loyalty customer discount has been removed plus the price of my first payment has gone up to £39.64 as there is a 90p extra to cover the changes that have been applied, I’ve been trying to sort this for over a week and was unable to get through until today! The site and call line states it is concentrating on helping the NHS and Critical workers first but I’m a critical worker and have been treated like dirt!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loyalty customer discount removed?

Retentions is still available 150 then 1 then 4 then 5 iirc.

There’s also text service: 07533051809.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

your not loyal if you only stay for the discount. that would be a disloyalty discount 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If I’d only been a customer for a couple of years that would make sense, but not for somebody like me who has been a loyal customer for almost 20yrs, when you’ve been with a company like Virgin for that amount of time like I have I believe I’m entitled to be rewarded for my loyalty.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

not really. you are not loyal you stay because it benifits you. As yu say you stay because you want a discount.

If you feel the offered services and prices don't suit then shop around

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I don’t know what your problem is but I came on here looking for some help and all you can do is make out like I’m ungrateful which is very rude, I don’t mind paying a bit more for what I want but a rise of £9 a month is a big leap in anyone’s book and I know I wouldn’t be the only person to think that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You're not the only one to think it's steep. I've also looked into this a year ago and someone also made a google sheet to gather more information about how much people pay for the same services. Which is the same as you would ask around your work colleagues how much they earn, it's cheeky however you see the thresholds. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/VirginMedia/comments/9k4r33/vivid_200_optical_fibre/

Hope it's useful in your future conversations with renewing your contract.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberax, perhaps your time would be better spent improving your proof reading, which leaves a lot to be desired, rather than antagonising fellow customers forced to turn to a forum for support.

I do not see anywhere that the person states they stay because they want a discount - could you please quote the text?  You may feel they implied this, but that is not saying it, indeed I would say that you somewhat overreached in inferring it.

I see someone who expects a longer period of loyalty (compared to when they last negotiated) to be rewarded to the same level or better, which is a bit like expecting the no claims discount on car insurance to remain the same or increase after a claim free year - perfectly reasonable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@jnm21
Dyslexia is a learning disorder that involves difficulty reading due to problems identifying speech sounds and learning how they relate to letters and words (decoding). Also called reading disability, dyslexia affects areas of the brain that process language.

But i guess you would rather bully people with learning difficulties. that says more about you then it does me.

@ModTeam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just got through to a British call centre and the guy I spoke to gave me a £10 discount off the £41.74 so I’m getting it for £31.74 which is a hell of a lot better, he stated that the offshore call centres will only give a £3 discount and that when I queried it with them they should have transferred me to the British call centre straight away, anyway I’m a lot happier now! 👍