Menu
yorkshiresteve
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty Discount not applying

In recent days I connected with Virgin just with the 200mb broadband which is all connected fine.

I wasn't too bothered about adding a landline or tv bundle but looking at my offers there appeared to be a good deal

just £1.01 a month extra (plus £35 set up fee) gets me the "mix bundle" which keeps my current broadband, mix tv (150 channels) with the v6 box and a landline. It states this is a "Loyalty Discount of £22 for 18 months) so should be the £35 set up fee then £34 a month for 18 months before going up to £56 a month.

However when trying to process this and go all the way to the end it states the bill will be £53 a month for 18 months before going up to £75 a month.

So its basically not offering me the deal which is still showing today?!?

When i spoke on live chat to the upgrades team they asked for screenshots of the offer but then said 

"There has been an error being published and the team are looking to resolve this ASAP" then tried to sell me the same deal for £53 a month plus 35 set up free PLUS £30 installation fee!!!! (so no discount)

So i just want to clarify whats going on? am i entitled to this loyalty discount or not? as it keeps offering it to me in MY OFFERS.  If so how can i get this sorted? many thanks. i've enclosed screenshots

offer!offer!no offer / error!!no offer / error!!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loyalty Discount not applying

Hi yorkshiresteve,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums. I'm sorry to see that there was an issue when you tried to upgrade your package from an online offer.

From what the agent has advised via live chat, it sounds like there was a wider issue with this particular offer which has been causing the error and mis match in pricing. Sadly we are unable to help with package changes here from the forums, however can you please confirm if the agent was able to help out in the end?

Let us know,

Beth

yorkshiresteve
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi, no they weren't they just tried to sell me the package at the full asking price.

The offer is still there today for me? it says just £1.01 a month extra (with £35 set up) as this includes a £22 loyalty discount.

if this is an error, why is it still showing that as an offer for me?

hope you can advise

thanks

steve

0 Kudos
yorkshiresteve
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

is there a direct telephone number for upgrades that I can use instead of live chat? so i can try that instead

thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Steve,

The team should be able to honour or create the same package price using the discounts available on their end. Was the agent not able to offer any sort of discounted price for the chosen package? I'm afraid I can't advise exactly what is causing this to occur on the website as it's not something we would be familiar with from here.

We do not have a direct number for the team who can process package changes, but you can speak with them on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4, 1. Alternatively, you can also text us on 0753 305 1809. 

Let us know if you need anything else.

Beth

yorkshiresteve
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thats great, thanks so much.

No, the live chat member wouldnt offer any discount just the full cost.

I will give them a call, thanks again

Steve

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

No problem at all - if you do run into anymore issues do let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Let us know how the call goes 🙂

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos