Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lost username, password and account details

Hello,

I'm trying to access my Virgin Media online account. My wife and I have split and I've moved back to my parents. I do not know any of my account details as I had them written down in a book at the old house. I have no contact with my ex wife and no paper bills. I need to reset my username and password, but sadly can not without an account number.

Contacting Virgin by phone just keeps sending me around in circles.

Please Help!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost username, password and account details

Hi mikadganjad,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

Is the account in your name? 

Can I also ask the reason for you wanting to access your online account? If there's anything that we can help with from here, we'd love to know so we can do that for you.

Let me know,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Yes, the account is in my name.

I need to access the account to cancel the package.

I've had some help from one of the fab team, but unfortunately, I'm still back to square one.

I now know my username, but not my password and when I try to change it...... It is now asking me for my memorable place which is also in my little book at the old house.

I thought it might ask me a different question like mothers maiden name as I could answer that in a flash.

However, any help is always appreciated.

Just to clarify, I am the account holder.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know the details and reason for accessing the account. 

I am afraid the package cannot be cancelled via the online service as this would need to be completed with our dedicated team who don't currently work within the Forum team sorry. 

To cancel the service, we would ask that you give the team a call on 150 ( if your landline at your current address is Virgin ) or 0345 454 1111. You will go through an automated service at first but if you select the option for 'Thinking Of Leaving' you will be passed to the correct team. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying Nat,
However, when I call them on this number and i go through the automated process, they require me to enter my password which I do not have, then I'm back to square one.
I honestly can't believe how hard it's been to cancel broadband
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you give me the number please where I can talk to a human being from the beginning so I can explain my situation. This would be the most helpful advice yet. Thanks Mick
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to do this mikadganjad.

I can do this for you over the forums, I will need to pop over a private message, so that we can pass account security and then we can look into this for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the late reply Stephen,

I've had a multitude of things to sort out with living at parents who are elderly, to helping deliver groceries to old folk every day who can't get out.

Please , that would be great if we could sort that out over private message.

I know my account number area ref and username now thanks to the brilliant guys on here. 

unfortunately, when it came to my memorable name to change my password, What i thought it was.....wasnt

My ex wife even tried to help, by calling 150 from the house phone, but they wouldn't entertain her as she wasn't the account holder.

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Mick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’m sorted..... finally!!

The ex wife allowed me in the house to phone direct from the virgin landline, and it has been disconnected from tomorrow.

i couldn’t have done it without you guys though as they did ask me my account details which I got from one of the members on here.

Just wanted to thank all of you who took time to reply to me and try to help

Appreciate all the advice 🙌🙌🙌

regards

Mick

0 Kudos