cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of internet connection compensation

H_V
Joining in

Hi, would someone be able to help me with getting compensation for a total loss of internet please? Looking at the compensation policy I should be due at least 7 days worth of compensation, however I have had no communication or reduction on my bills at all. This happened towards the end of July, I reported it to customer service who told me a new router would be posted out to me in 5 to 7 working days. When it came to the 7th day and no router had arrived I called customer service again to then be told an engineer had been booked to visit for 4 days from that day! I have tried calling customer service again however I think I’ve wasted enough time being on hold for hours over this situation. Can this please be resolved asap?

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you still have a total loss of service for your broadband at the moment and are still awaiting a tech visit?

H_V
Joining in

No, thankfully it was sorted by the engineer visit who replaced the router. I’ve given Virgin time to give compensation/reduce bill but have had nothing. Would just like some money back for the inconvenience and loss of internet for so long (it was longer than 7 days but due to the compensation rules I believe that’s probably all I’d get it for!)

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There are quite a few T&Cs for the auto compensation as to how/when/if it is applied.

VM has 30 days from the time when your service was restored to credit your account.

If you have passed that point, then you may well end up having to make a formal complaint to VM first of all (a required first step) then having to escalate to arbitration.

Yeah, I figured it would take some time for them to give any compensation, it is past 30 days since I got the internet back now though!

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @H_V thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Can you please confirm if you had a total loss of service during this time or was it intermittent issues you were experiencing please?

Usually, automatic compensation would apply to your next bill that is generated after the issue is fixed.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_W1, it was a total loss of service. I first contacted virgin on 22nd July, and continued to have no internet at all until 1st August when the engineer finally came and replaced the router.

Hi @H_V thanks for your reply - no problem and understood.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@H_V wrote:

Hi Tom_W1, it was a total loss of service. I first contacted virgin on 22nd July, and continued to have no internet at all until 1st August when the engineer finally came and replaced the router.

Based on your description, I think your calculation would be

22/7 Fault reported by phone
22/7 to 25/7 inc. (Payment trigger time, inc. 2 working day fix time) £9.33
26/7 to 31/7 inc. 6 days @ £9.33 per day
1/8 Service restored

7 payments @ £9.33 = £65.31

Thanks goslow, I passed my details on to be looked into. Still waiting for a response. Hoping for this to be resolved asap.