cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Looks like you've made some changes this month.' Er, really?

andrewlavens
Tuning in

I've noticed that today's VM bill contains the odd sentences: 'Looks like you've made some changes this month. Here's a quick summary of how your changes have affected this bill:' The 'changes' are the removal of 'Full House TV XL' and the addition of 'Maxit TV' and 'Kids pack.' The difference in the bill is a mighty 1 pence per month, but I'm wondering:

(a) I certainly didn't make this change so how could it have happened? and

(b) My current contract had ended: is this a way to sneak me into a contract without my consent?

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When a 12/18/24 month contract ends you go onto a rolling 1 month contract. As the ‘plan’ you had previously is not now available you have been transferred to an current plan as near as possible to your old one.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ah right - thanks for clarifying. It's also odd that the change happened in the middle of a month, not in line with my monthly payments, and I've been on a rolling contract for over a year.

So 'looks like you've made some changes' should have been 'looks like Virgin Media have made some changes' and 'Here's a quick summary of how your changes have affected this bill' should have been 'Here's a quick summary of how the changes we made have affected this bill.' If only the text had made clear it was VM making changes and not me.

So 15 people out of 10 do not understand Hex 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No 15 out of 16. You must be one of the 15. X’10’ is 16.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you are writing hex all the time you never include he notation ‘X’.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2