cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to upgrade from 350mb to 1gig (volt) but question about setup fee

holdawas
On our wavelength

We've had a number of emails / messages about upgrading our broadband speed from 350mb to 1gig (on volt), but when we go to do this it mentions £5 delivery for the new hub (which actually shows as £0 when we click through to the next page) and a £35 setup fee.

Obviously I appreciate the delivery charge, but don't really understand what the setup fee covers?

7 REPLIES 7

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi holdawas,

Thank you for your post and for your interest in upgrading to Volt.

The set-up fee would be an activation charge for when the equipment is installed. You can find out more information about our prices and one-off charges here. Have you completed the order with us?

If you have any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask 😊

Beth

holdawas
On our wavelength

Hi Beth,

Would the activation charge still apply in the event of replacing my current Hub 3 with (I assume) a Hub 5?

I've not yet placed the order, although oddly enough we have received an email to suggest that it's gone through, despite my not actually clicking confirm! Going back onto our account settings still lists us at M350 though.

Hi holdawas,

Thanks for getting back to us! That's right, if we do need to send out new equipment, there will usually be an activation/set up fee that comes with this, even if the equipment is dispatched in the post, rather than installed by an engineer.

Oh, that's odd - have you checked your orders tab here to see if a pending order is showing? If not and you've not received an email to say your Hub is being sent, I wouldn't worry. 

If you did place the order, your new speeds wouldn't be pushed through until your Hub is installed, as the Hub 3 isn't capable of pushing out 1Gbps speeds.

Kind regards

Beth

holdawas
On our wavelength

Thanks Beth - there's nothing on the orders page, so I guess it's just a glitch in the system! Thanks for the advice.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

Did you receive any confirmation at all on a new box that is set to be delivered?

Regards,

Kain

holdawas
On our wavelength

Morning Kain,

Initially we weren't sure because although we'd got a message to say my order had been accepted, nothing was showing when I used the orders tab link supplied above. I've checked again today though, and it's now showing a delivery date of tomorrow (and sod's law I'm working from London instead of home, of course!)

Thanks for following up!

Kind regards,

Stuart.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @holdawas,

Great to hear you have heard back with regards to this now, if you do require anything further at all then please do let us know. 

Joe