cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for better deal

zeradin
Tuning in

Hello, I was prevented from renewing my contract to a competitive price at the end of it due to a freeze on my credit situation. Now that's over I'm looking to renew to a better price, I'm fed up of paying £75 a month for the lowest tiers of services (except TV which is on mix, the second up from lowest package I believe) and can't find a live chat pop up on the upgrade pages so it's only asking me to make my package more expensive.

If I can't get through before march I'm going to have to take my customer needs elsewhere because with the price of everything else going up, I will be needing the saved income for my energy bills and can get a comparable speed to what I already have for less than half what I pay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, you can't do package renegotiations via these forums, so you can get advice on here but you are best off making the call or trying the app-chat method via WhatsApp. That's not real-time, but it's an option.

Secondly, if you're prepared to do some research into alternative provision for your services, you're halfway to an excellent negotiation position. The more facts & figures you have when you speak to retentions, the better your position is and the more prepared you will appear to the agent.

Third - Mix is a legacy package, no longer sold. TV is now two-tiers - base Mixit, and top-tier Maxit. You can get "personal picks" to plug the gap in the middle - but you're unlikely to get the same choice of channels, and will very likely need to upgrade or downgrade to some degree. All the details are at the bottom of https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, you can't do package renegotiations via these forums, so you can get advice on here but you are best off making the call or trying the app-chat method via WhatsApp. That's not real-time, but it's an option.

Secondly, if you're prepared to do some research into alternative provision for your services, you're halfway to an excellent negotiation position. The more facts & figures you have when you speak to retentions, the better your position is and the more prepared you will appear to the agent.

Third - Mix is a legacy package, no longer sold. TV is now two-tiers - base Mixit, and top-tier Maxit. You can get "personal picks" to plug the gap in the middle - but you're unlikely to get the same choice of channels, and will very likely need to upgrade or downgrade to some degree. All the details are at the bottom of https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @zeradin,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your current package and its price. 

As @japitts advised, we're unable to complete package changes on this platform. In this situation, we would recommend you give our team a call directly on 150/ 03454541111 or text us on 07533051809 where our team will be able to look into this further for you and find a package that is best suited for you.

Keep us updated on this and how you're getting on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs