Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Load of nonsense

Couple of days ago had my latest bill indicating the price had gone up, haven't a clue why. Today I've had a sugary email advising me my package won't go up in 2020. Given it went up a couple of days ago, that's just extracting the urine. Going to see the contract out and then cancel, load of cowboys.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Load of nonsense

Hi --Roger--

It sounds like you may have come to the end of a discounted period which would be why your price has risen.  

If you sign into MyVirginMedia at the top of the page you can check your online bills and contract. Both should provide details of any discounted periods, or extra charges you may have incurred.

If you have come to the end of a discounted period you can always look at regrading/recontracting at a price agreeable to you.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Dave, seems it's a one off cost for part of a month now that Sky Sports is no longer paused.Not exactly made clear though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Roger,

I had that on mine. It was detailed in  red box  which I nearly ignored 🙂

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The letter simply advises there will be no general price increase in 2020. This normally happens in October/November.

It does not mean that all time-limited increases (removal of discounts) will stop. They will still take place as per contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos