Menu
glenn1962
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lies all lies

Cancelled my contract with VM last week, midweek i gets a call asking why did i cancel and what would make me stay, So i told her, it's not fair that a brand new customer can get the best deals. I was on M100, Mixit TV and landline for £41.99 She asked what i use the most and i told her the internet.

So she comes back with an offer of M200, new super hub, same TV but with added sports channels, same phone and a Sim with 5GB data unlimited texts and minutes all for £32 a month, 18 month contract and no price increase. Take my number and if you have any questions just give me a call.

It's a deal, saves me nearly £20 a month and double speed. Plus cancelled my phone contract with ID.

Not so, still only pulling 80 MB's on speedtest, tired cat 6 cable into router and all that. Config file confirms it's 200MB. No sign of a new hub, no sim card, nothing about a sim card on the new contract, and no added sports channels, infact Sky sports news and mix have disappeared along with other channels. Mobile phone number she gave me is dead. Over 3 hours trying to get through to someone only for the phone to cut off, balls to trying another 3 hours. So Monday i will be cancelling again due to the lies, if i can.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers
D_h_c11
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lies all lies

Got a voicemail from vm saying I’m eligible for a discount, call back and they will apply. 

called back Friday and man on the phone said he can’t do it and he will speak to his boss and come back to me. 
no phone call back and then later that day I get an email stating my package has been changed (not by me) and my new payment has increased by £59 a month. 
called back and after 3 hours 16 minutes of being on hold and passed back and forth I was advised the man from my first phone call would call me in half an hour. 
that was Friday @ 12, still no phone call

Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi glenn1962, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear what has happened here! It doesn't sound great at all. When you agreed to this deal and it was confirmed, did you get an email confirming this? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
glenn1962
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Ryan_N
The only thing that as been sent is a link to view my new contract, M200, Mixit TV, and Landline all have a green tick, the promised Sim has a red X
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glen1962,

Thanks for your reply, if there is no confirmation email regarding the package we would not be able to honour the deal 

thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
glenn1962
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now, thanks. Sim as arrived, upgraded again to M350 free of charge.

Some staff should really not be working from home. Think i will just leave it at that.

0 Kudos