Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Lies, Lies, lies and more lies

Rang in August as i want to upgrade my package from broadband to “Ultimate Oomph bundle” what a mistake this has been. Spoken on the phone to ask the cost was quote what was on the website £89 for 18 months. Came off the phone to speak to my partner to agree we were happy to make the change. Rang back and was told this was not the offer it was only for the 3 months at £89and then full cost then on after. Rang back again to speak with a manage to which the lady on the phone confirm that the deal of 18 month would be £89 for the entire of the contract which i signed up for. Then i rang to confirm the deal had gone through, for them to say it was £89 for 3 month and full price for the remainder. I asked for the recordings and for a manager to call me back (I still have not received these recordings). To which he eventually did. He reply that if a i ring in 3 months time they will active discount on to the account to bring the bill down to to the original £89 a month for 18 months. I call back a second time to confirm the note was on the account to which i was told it was.

Install day a guy turn up unable to fit one box due to software told he would be back Monday with another box and not to worry. Monday come round and nothing for the entire week. Called his number which he call me on to confirm install date originally. Call the customer helpline to which I was told that i had 2 box and they where working, essentially was told i was lying to get another box. Got put through to another person to say that she could see i only had one box and she would send one ion the post and i would get refunded the installation as it wasn’t carried out in full (Never got it). A week and half later he calls and say he’ll drop the box off. Didn’t fit the box just handed it to me on my door step and went.

3 months down the line. I call to active active my discount to which the lady said that she could as there was a note on the account from a manager. To which i said and server also confirmations “to confirm £89 a month for the remainder of my contract until Mar/Apr 2022.” To which she reply “yes that is correct”. Today i get a bill for £93.50. I ring to understand why this is and to say that it should be £89 as it should be for rest of my contract. The reply was that the discount was to be applied for first 3 months not the 15 months after that. Asked to speak with a manger told that can’t happen i they have gone. Continually put me on mute ask for what has been written on my account to which the reply was that i can’t tell you that information. Repeatedly said that i have been lied to and given false information. Making charges to me that I don’t agree with and not what i have been promised. Asked and asked to speak with a manager but told that they had gone home and one would call me back. To the end of the over an hour phone call she muted me put me on hold and hung the phone up on me. Totally disappointed and dissatisfied i been lied to, charges to me that can be explain and a continues amount of people who can’t deliver. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lies, Lies, lies and more lies

Hi dblackie, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry about the whole experience you've had here. I can see from the notes on your account that you have spoken with a manager about this yesterday who was able to clear this up for you? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos