Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lied by Cancellation team

I put in my request to cancel my account as bills are way to high. 

Everyone I spoke to tried to give me a deal but nothing was good enough, so put my request to cancel in. 

Cancellations team rang me and it was some chap working from home. He offered me a decent deal but I needed to speak with son first. He said he would call back tomorrow. 

16 days have gone and no call back. I have called the customer service team and they can't offer what cancellation team gave and they said "there is no record on my account that cancellation offered me a deal"

I have the chaps number and tried to give it to the person I spoke to but I got told "we are inbound team and can't make outbound calls"

Then while at work, virgin called my home phone and spoke to my son, they told my son that "your services are going to end in 4 hours! Get your dad to call us!" my son was petrified and called me saying "virgin are switching off Internet in 4 hours!" 

What kind of service is this! I have been with virgin media for 25+ years and this is how they treat their loyal customers? I am just being pushed out the door and then threatened! 

I have told virgin media over a hundred times! CALL ME ON MY MOBILE! but they keep ringing my land-line! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lied by Cancellation team

retention offers are one time. If you don't take it you won't get it again.

You wanted to cancel and they are cancelling as you asked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

True but he should have told me that he can't give me the deal after the call ends. I asked am I okay to have some time to think and he said yeh that's fine. He said would call back tomorrow. Going off that, it was okay according to the advisor!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When you put in a request for cancellation, how many days is it until its actually cancelled? I'm sure when I put my request in I was told 30 days. Why is it 14 days in my case? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

its 30 days

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not sure why we got told today  its being disconnected in 4 hours. 

I put my request in 16 days ago... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it wont be discouunted. VM will not call you to tell you its being disconnected. Maybe a scam call

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Possibly.  But still angry that they not willing to give me the cancellations deal! 

0 Kudos