cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Let's Chat' not working

wynendrew
Joining in

Hello,

I am 12 months through a 18 month VirginMedia contract, & moving home next week. I am ready to take VM supplied router/cabling down & reassembling on the other side, and have logged the new address in the 'Moving Home' section (which has been confirmed as available for supply by VirginMedia). 

The issue is when I get to 'Let's Chat', this button has repeatedly not worked - as thus I am unsure if VirginMedia has registered the address change. Could you confirm if these are the correct steps to take?  As there is no confirmation email for the submitted address change, as far as I can tell it hasn't been registered. 

Thanks in advance!

Drew

17 REPLIES 17

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wynedrew, thanks for your post although I'm sorry things are unclear for you regarding your address change.

I'll just need to pop you a quick PM to ask you to confirm some details, so I can look into this a bit more specifically for you.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks very much Tom!

Please do this @wyneNdrew (or straight to my email, same username but @gmail.com)

Drew

Hi,

I've got the exact same problem. Have tried the "Let's chat" button on different computers, different browser and different days, so probably this issue is not limited to just @wynedrew and me.

I'm moving on 13 May.

Thanks,

Niels

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nielius 

The webchat and the text service don't always work 24/7, phone calls take priority when contacting VM.

You can call 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile (free call) or 0345 4541111 from any other phone (landline rates) option 4 (Moving Home) It's best to call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.
Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @Nielius,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you're having, have you tried to speak to the team over the phone as @newapollo advised earlier?

Regards,

Steven_L

@Steven_L wrote:

Hey @Nielius,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you're having, have you tried to speak to the team over the phone as @newapollo advised earlier?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

Yes, I have been using the WhatsApp number and the team have been helping me out. Thanks!

I would like to add though that I doubt the "Let's Chat" button wasn't working because it was out of hours, because I tried a number of different hours. Also, if that were the reason, it would be a better user experience if the site would indicate that. Now nothing happens when you press the button -- not a great experience.

Thanks again,

Niels

Thanks for coming back to us @Nielius and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the concerned teams about your experience with the live chat.

Regards,

Steven_L

I am having the same isue, 2023. It`s almost impossible to get in contact with some one from VM. l all ready moved home and still didnt manage to get in contact with VM. Online chat not working, calls takes forever before someone can actually picks up, and if someone from India eventualy picks up, they hang up your phone after a while, like this dude Yuvraj (he said this is his name) did to me.

I think I will just cancel my debit and let them contact me and never go back to VM.

Hi xTru, 

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about your experience. 

We're sorry to hear you've had an issue with getting in touch with the team to arrange your home move. Cancelling your Direct Debit doesn't actually cancel your account so we would advise against doing this. It can lead to late payments affecting your credit history.

I'd like to help further on this one but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs