Menu
silvasonic
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Leaving

My current contract has just ended and would like to leave or renegotiate , but it is impossible to get to speak to anyone by phone. The price has gone up from £17 to £ 32 .

What would happen if I just cancel my direct debit and simply go elsewhere ? Silvasonic.

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Leaving

This is what happens when you cancel your direct debit:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Abysmal-amp-Non-Existent-Customer-S...

You can cancel by post.  Use recorded delivery for the letter, and don't expect any confirmation from VM.  Cancellations seem as chaotic as the rest of VM's customer service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
silvasonic
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your response Andruser , but I am still shielding and am reluctant to leave the house even though I have had my first inoculation.
I suppose I will have to put up with the gouging until things are easier and contact is restored although I am irritated that this increase wipes out my pension uplift for this year
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yep, I understand that.  Do you have a support bubble arrangement with somebody who could post the letter for you?

The other thing is keep trying on the phone, but try times like 8 am tomorrow or Sunday (or as soon as their call centres open on those days)?  Because most of us aren't quite as keen to leap out of bed on the weekend, wait times can be a lot shorter, sometimes there's no waiting.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos