Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Leaving

Does Virgin offer live chat or a call back service, I have been trying to cancel for a week and have not yet spoken to anyone. Just endlessly left on hold, I don't have time to sit on hold for 2 hours plus hoping someone bothers to answer my call.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Leaving

I have just voiced the same concern there is no option when calling to press button x if you really do wish to leave, had the same problem being put on hold being transferred and put on hold. My only helpful advice is if you call early in the morning that seemed to get me through, make a note of the time and date of call and to whom you are addressing/ such as department/ and when you will get confirmation of your wishes (by email)

hope this is of some use good luck

Gail

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Consider the following options:

• make Ofcom aware of the issue by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom.
  • Virgin Media's Terms and conditions (under section N, point 1.2) state ending the agreement in writing can be made to the following address:
    Virgin Media Sales Operation Support
    Diamond Plaza
    Daleside Road
    Nottingham
    Nottinghamshire
    NG2 3GG

Be aware of early cancellation charges if still within the minimum contract period.

If cancelling due to a recent price increase state that in your letter.

Use a postal service that provides confirmation of delivery, for instance Royal Mail's Recorded Delivery service; 30 days notice period starts from receipt.

Also consider whether it is appropriate to quote your account password (the one quoted when calling Virgin Media)  in your cancellation letter to confirm you are the account holder.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Call centres are closed so we can’t get through to cancel the service any more.

Has anyone had success by sending the notice in writing?

Thanks

0 Kudos