Menu
Al-McCut
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Leaving virgin problems

Hi

I informed virgin that I was leaving them early in my contract several weeks ago , Due to issues with my telephone billing, poor Wi-Fi, and poor non-HDTV reception. 
To be fair I had great Wi-Fi speed to the house – it just didn’t spread well around the rooms And they wanted me to pay for a booster. 
Anyway – they said they would look into my complaint within 28 days and I’ve heard nothing, so as I’ve told them I’m leaving I’ve cancelled my direct debit after my Services was transferred back to my former provider

I’ve still heard Nothing from virgin, I’m still getting bills through and I am unable to email the customer services as I am no longer a customer so my access is blocked And there is no facility on the billing emails to reply.

I’m now well past the 28 days virgin said they would contact me after – how long do I have to wait or do I have to spend an hour on the phone trying to get through to their customer services in whatever country answers the phone - Because we all know if it’s not UK then nothing is going to get sorted.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving virgin problems

When you say 'I was leaving them early in my contract', do you mean that you were still in a contract minimum term and have cancelled your DD? Would you have been likely to incur early disconnection fees as a result of not completing an initial minimum term with VM?

In any event, cancelling the DD was probably unwise until you had finalised all arrangements with VM.

You need only browse through this forum briefly to see that all VM do, if they think a payment has been missed, is start a process of logging payment defaults against you. This, in turn, has caused some former customers significant problems with their credit history, often without them knowing anything about it at all.

Don't know what the rights and wrongs of your situation with VM are but it is something you should be aware of, if not already, and see if it is potentially going to affect you.

One of the VM forum team will pick this up in a day or two and might be able to help/advise further.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear, you've messed that up!  Cancelling the direct debit is a really bad idea.  If there's been persistent problems that VM have failed to fix you have a very good case to leave without paying an early exit fee, but to do that you needed to escalate the VM complaint to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS, and pay the bill in the meantime.

I'll flag to see if the staff can come up with mutually acceptable outcome, if they can then you should consider any reasonable offer because that would be your quickest and easiest option, but bear in mind you may now have a skidded-up credit history, and still legally be in contract with VM.  If VM can't come up with a resolution now, then you should approach CISAS, but you still need to arrange to pay your presumably overdue bill in the meanwhile and a late payment surcharge, and live with a "late payment" mark on your credit file.  But that'll be far less bad than a default, and dealing with debt collectors. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Al-McCut

Thanks for posting. 

My apologies that you've not heard back. I'll PM you now to assist further

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos