cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving and returning equipment

melodyneukomm
Joining in

I informed Virgin I was leaving as moving to a new area, spoke to a person who processed the closure of my account, they informed me that since my equipment is very old that they would not require it back and that I am to dispose of it myself.

Today I have received an email and a text message regarding the return of my equipment and that they want to arrange for collection of it.

What am I to do in this case? So confusing and such a waste of all of our time, can anyone advise how I deal with this please as I do not wish to be held liable for the equipment that Virgin Media very clearly instructed me to get rid of myself.

Thanks

Melody

12 REPLIES 12

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @melodyneukomm 👋 Thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the confusion caused 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. 

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

melodyneukomm
Joining in

Hi Daniel

Sorry for contacting you again but I still have not received the pre-paid returns pack I ordered through the automated text I received on 12/06/2023, are you able to check I'm actually in the system to receive it please?

Hi @melodyneukomm thanks for your post here to Daniel.

Apologies this hasn't reached you yet - a self-returns pack can take up to 10 days to arrive, but if you'd like us to check this then please don't be shy in sending Daniel a PM directly!
He'll be able to check things over for you and put your mind at rest.

Hopefully this helps. 

Many thanks

Tom_W

melodyneukomm
Joining in

Thanks from replying Tom, in that case I will wait another few days, hopefully it will arrive within that timeframe.

Hi @melodyneukomm thanks for your reply - you're very welcome!

Any issues, please reach out once again.

Many thanks

Tom_W

melodyneukomm
Joining in

Hello again

So this morning at 8.01am I receive a text message asking why I have not returned my kit yet with a link, the link took me to a page asking me for the collection address after which it stated "sorry can't pop in to collect kit from this postcode", no other prompt available on that screen.

At 8.18am I receive an email stating you've been trying to arrange collection and can I select a date and change address if necessary ( which is necessary as I have moved home and did update my new address on 12th June via the collection text I received.

So I have just clicked on the email to change the address to my new one (again) and still ended up being told that you don't collect from my postcode.

I have been waiting for the pre-paid returns pack since 12th June 2023 having filled out the text I received.

I am now feeling a bit frustrated at how round in circles I am being asked to go by Virgin Media.

I have all 3 items here with me at my new address at [REMOVED]

Please arrange collection or send me the return pack, I shouldn't have to keep contacting you in order for your own equipment to be returned (despite the fact that when I called to cancel my services I was reassured several times that my equipment is too old and does not need to be returned), bit of a shambles Virgin Media, you're lucky I did not dispose of the equipment as I had been instructed, would have saved me all this bother.

Please accept my apologies for the tone of this message and it is not aimed at anyone in particular, just the convoluted and repetitive process you are asking your customers to follow.

Thank you

Melody Neukomm

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Hi @melodyneukomm 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been unable to arrange collection for your equipment. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to do our best to help. For your confidentiality, we would advise removing your address from your last post as this is a public forum. Just to confirm, which equipment do you have? Are you able to request a returns kit here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua, thanks for replying.

How do I edit my post to remove my address please?

And I am being asked to yet again click on a link and input my info which I have already done, how is it going to be any different this time?

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Not to worry, we have had a mod redact the information from the post. Just to confirm, is this the same form you used last time? Also which equipment are you trying to send back to us? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs