Menu
RichRssll
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin

I called Virgin yesterday to cancel my account. I am a bit concerned that I haven't received the email confirmation that was promised. Based on some of the other posts on here, I am right to feel like that. Is there any way of getting confirmation without spending another hour on the phone? Don't want to go through that again.

I am leaving after 8 years because it's finally one price increase too many. I currently pay £61.50/month rising to £65 in March. New customers get the same package for less than half what I'm paying now.

I told them the only way I would stay was if they matched that deal. They got down to £45 and a manager was looking into getting it lower. It sounds like they can just make the prices up on the fly. I am going anyway for somebody else's new customer deal. Or at least I hope I'm going.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, RichRssll,

We're sorry that you are unclear about your cancellation,we would not send email confirmation for your cancellation request. Your final bill will be your confirmation. If your phone conversation did not end with the certainty for your services being cancelled, then unfortunately we can only advised having another phone conversation to receive that confirmation. 

Regrettably we are unable to process cancellations, upgrades, package changes or sales via this channel. Cancellations can be done by phone 0345 454 1111 but also by post Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Quinny1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pile of crap.

I rang and all I got was, you might like to try us later, goodbye.

0 Kudos
RichRssll
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was asked if I wanted confirmation by post or email. Don’t your call centre people know your processes? She also said you would send a prepaid box to return the equipment. Do you do that?

0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If money is your primary reason for leaving, to get another companies new customer deal, then I fully agree with that path. Just do it again at the end of your new customers contract as the price will go up (and all the companies do yearly price rises).

It is the best way to save money after all.

0 Kudos
RichRssll
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When the price goes back to normal, I will still be paying less than on virgin and I am getting more for it. But it’s not really the money. It’s just that existing customers are disregarded until they want to leave.
0 Kudos