Menu
joshed94
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin

Not to sure were to start but I joined virgin with just Fibre on 28th Sept, everything went well and I got an email saying add TV Mix package for £10 extra a month (Total £49).

I put the order through on Monday and got a VM confirmation number and told delivery Friday (Today), nothing else on my acount. Looked On my account and it showed no orders  and after spending 1hr 15 mins on Chat I had enough so I called Virgin and was told they had no order on the system.

I was then told despite my account saying (still) £10 for upgrade he would do it at £55 a month so I laughed and then said I have to pay more for YOUR mistake. He then paused for a minute or so and came back and said he could do it at £52 a month (still £2 more expensive). As I am within the 14 days I informed him to cancel my account and I will send the router back, he has said he has done that BUT I won't get confirmation for up to 48hrs, Not saying I don't trust Virgin hence my post on the forum  to confirm I am leaving Virgin Media.

My account number is ****10203, This post is just proof that I have asked to leave (date wise).

Josh

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Leaving Virgin

A very sensible move to leave a digital footprint to confirm that discussion!

Still, rather sad that yet again VM botch simple stuff, like advertising and then honouring a simple upgrade offer.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

joshed94
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, to me it's just disappointing I have no issues with the broadband but I will never allow these companies to treat me in such a bad way. I was not expecting a discount (maybe as "goodwill" waver the setup fee) but to wan't me to pay more for there mistake is just not on.

My system goes off on the 13th and I cannot get Vodafone connected till 23rd but as Esther used to say " That's Life", I will have to use my 100gb Mobile data for 10 days.

Josh

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Eeek! Vodafone?  You're leaving VM because of poor service and joining them!  On Ofcom broadband complaints data they're worse than VM, and that takes determination and serious effort.

Search Trustpilot for Vodafone or Vodafone Broadband.  Or ISPReview.  My serious suggestion is you consider cancelling the Vodafone install and trying somebody else, one of the smaller ISPs that depend on good service to survive.  People like Zen Internet, AAISP, uno, IDNet, CIX. They won't be as cheap as the loss-leader offers from the big companies, but do you really want to be locked into an 18 month deal with Vodafone when you've read other customer's reviews? 

Bear in mind that recent reviews for all companies (including VM, Voda and the smaller ISPs named above) will be affected by Covid related issues, so perhaps place more reliance on overall scores rather than the last few months of reviews.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
joshed94
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Cheers for the heads up, to be fair I have a mobile contract with Vodafone and I never need to contact them because If I put in a request (like today I got my new Samsung Fold 2 Direct from Samsung, I used online change from sim to esim and with 20 minutes all done).

Like I said with Virgin, If I didn't need to speak to someone I wouldn't have a problem it was due to the rubbish chat and shocking foreign call centers that have let them down.If they get there IT sorted but until they stop paying peanuts they will continue with poor customer service (industry issue).

For the record this evening the phone service has gone off so hopefully the internet will go off as well and then I can get the box sent back and 9 days till Vodafone installation.

Cheers

Josh

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hello Josh, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry that you've been let down due to this problem with your upgrade and customer service. I understand you have asked a member of staff to cancel your account, was this via the retentions department? No other department can do cancellations apart from retentions so I would just like to make sure this was the case? 

Did you get confirmation after the 48 hours stated? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Brickwall2020
Dialled in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Once you get entangled in the VM customer services web, it is very difficult to get out, as many customers have found to their cost.  Service-wise, things can tick along fine for months, even years, provided you don’t need to negotiate with VM.  As soon as you do need to communicate with VM, the vicious circle of shambolic ‘customer service’ (apparently lacking any coherence or continuity) begins.  

I’m amazed you haven’t had a reply from one of the resident passive-aggressive VM apologists yet, telling you it’s your own fault for expecting anything like decent customer service from a company that has never provided any.

joshed94
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

My service is now finished, hopefully they will just take what money they require via D/D then job done.

Just to clarify I have still had no emails (even spam) but as its off then it’s off.

As I stated earlier I had no issues with the Fibre but for the first time in a Virgin Cabled area the customer support leaves a lot to be desired, I don’t fall for this “it’s COVID” we have had that since March so companies by now should be getting there act together.

Josh.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

We're sad to see you leave us, however we wish you all the best with your new provider.

If you do have any concerns regarding the closure of your account, please let me know and I can send you a private message to check the account.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
camerton42
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Could you sort out my leaving problems please, been trying to leave and have been using SKY since August 17th 2020 but Virginmedia are still billing me as it's impossible to contact anyone.my  a/c no.[MOD EDIT: Removed]

0 Kudos