Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin

Hi could anyone help please,

I’m new to this community posting though I’ve been a customer for absolute years. Times are difficult at the moment and we’ve decided to cancel our full package but can’t get in touch with anyone on the phone. Was wondering how I go about this? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Leaving Virgin

Welcome to the VM Community. Pity you wish to leave VM. Have you thought of downgrading your package to something more affordable - perhaps just broadband only? If you go elsewhere at this time of emergency there is no guarantee that you'll get any kind of service from other ISPs for which you will always need a working BT Openreach phone line if you want to have a quick set up. Otherwise you'll have to wait for Openreach to install one - which will be arranged by your new supplier. You cannot use any VM infrastructure outside of VM

Whatever you decide to do appreciate that VM are experiencing delays in servicing customer requests (like every other business that conducts its business by phone).

Your best bet is to send a text to 07533 051809 with what you want and wait for a reply. Or you can be persistent and patient and keep trying on the phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks HowardML

I appreciate the info it’s kind of you to reply to my post. Can I ask about the mobile number it’s just I only ever thought you had to ring 150 with any queries. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

During the virus emergency VM have a substantially reduced ability to take phone calls. So they have introduced a text service to sort issues and pass them to the agent best placed to deal with issue. It's a bit slow but infinitely preferable to waiting for a call on 150 to be answered and in a lot of cases disconnected to prevent complete meltdown of the system. The number is totally genuine. The reply is by text too.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ll definitely try that tomorrow, thanks so much!

0 Kudos