Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin

I called to terminate my Virgin contract on 20/09/19 (TV/Broadband/Phone), giving 30 days notice as my original contract had long expired. The agent I spoke with booked it in but did add that I should phone Virgin back again on 20/10/19 (disconnection date) or just after to make sure all services has been fully disconnected.

This has me worrying now that it won't be. There is nothing in my account to suggest I am cancelling. Only a service change from 11th October and a new contract which I won't be signing.

I take it I will have to go through the phone merry-go-round to get back through to the retention's again for the confirmation that I have been disconnected? Or is there a direct number to contact?

Also I have a Super Hub 2ac & TiVo 500GB packed up and ready to return/recycle. I've seen on some posts that TV V6, or a Hub 3 are the models that Virgin want returned, but in other recent posts TiVo 500GB has been mentioned as well. Please advise whether the equipment is to be returned or not. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin

Why have they sent you a new contact? not signing won't stop a new contact  activating if you use the services (using the services is taken as acceptance of the contact) I would call up if I were you

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi marie78,

Thanks for your post

Have you been able to give us a call regarding this issue since your post?

It would be worthwhile trying to get some clarity on how your account lies and making sure the cancellation will be processed.

I can look into this for you, if you'd like me to, however I wouldn't be able to process a cancellation for you via our Forum

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

No I haven't managed to get through, so I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

To clarify:

I have been in the process of switching to another supplier and I've retained the phone number from Virgin. Because the phone number was transferred to the new supplier I was notified of the service changes/new contract from Virgin. This was based on the assumption I would be keeping remaining services which I'm not.

I contacted Virgin to cancel all services and gave 30 days notice. I was assured by that I won't be paying a new contract as I am cancelling the lot. I have followed this up with a written letter sent by recorded delivery also confirming cancellation.

In my account in the view contract tab it says “Please review and accept your contract before your services are installed. We sent you an email on the 20th of September with your contract to e-sign. If you require another copy, click here:” I haven't signed this.

I am due to be disconnected on 20th October 2019, as was agreed when I called to cancel. I have already unplugged my Virgin equipment.

Going back to my original query, why am I being asked to call back on or just after my disconnection date to check if my services have been disconnected?  

Also what equipment do I return?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to me marie78,

I can look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me.

To answer your questions though;

The first question, I'd have to look into your account, my suspicion would be that this is because we need to keep both lines open for a number port to process (you new provider and old provider) if there are any issues with the port it may result in you have services remaining active for the home phone only after you've moved your broadband and TV services over to the new provider.

Question 2, You would need to return the Hub 3.0 and the V6 box 

Lets carry on on over PM

David_Bn 

0 Kudos