Menu
davepeters772
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin Media

Who do I speak to in regards to leaving Virgin? I have tried with the sales people to get a better offer after being with Virgin for 4 years and its awful that they treat new customers better than existing and I am out of my contract now! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Leaving Virgin Media

The short answer is, VM Retentions/Cancellations. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and choose the "I'm thinking of leaving" options.

Just some advice before you do so - you're not a new customer, so you shouldn't expect to get new customer offers. Have a play with the build a bundle site (choose the "I'm new to VM" option just for this) to get an idea of standard pricing for whatever combination of services you require. You can have reasonable expectation of a small discount on the standard pricing in exchange for a new 18month contract, but this may not be the same as a new customer.

Then compare whatever services you want, from one or two alternate suppliers, and have those prices in mind too. Decide a price that you are willing to pay VM in order to stay, and go into the retentions call prepared & informed. If they will offer you an acceptable price for your chosen combinations, then everyone's a winner. But you must be prepared to give 30days notice, if you can't get an acceptable deal. You may then get a call from outbound retentions, but you need to be willing to go through with that disconnection and have an alternative provider installed before VM is disconnected. If you're not prepared to carry through with that, the agent may well realise this and factor that into their pricing offer.

Also... I would personally recommend having an overlap period between any new provider being installed, and VM being disconnected - especially if continuity of service is important.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos