cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Virgin Media - Damage to Property - Terrible Service

never_again2
Tuning in

I've had absolutely the worst customer service experience ever with Virgin Media.

The long and short of it is that after many, many telephone calls about repeated faults with the Hub 3 (replaced twice), I finally pulled the plug.  This is after a number of years with them, so I'm well out of contract.

You'd think that would be the end of it, but no.

After even more calls, it turns out that Virgin couldn't provide a final bill.  They could tell me how much it was, but they couldn't give me anything in writing.  I tried complaining as that's patently ludicrous, but they told me the complaint would simply be opened and closed immediately.

Eventually, and out of the blue, someone called me back and apologised for the service and offered to credit my account for the sum of the final bill.

Fair enough, I said, but what about putting right the damage to the outside of my property by a poorly fitted cowl, and uninstalling the cables that are permanently fixed (i.e. not screwed in) to the connection box on the inside. One of these cables screws in, and one connects directly into the box.  They both run around the walls and I don't mind taking them off the wall, but I'm not keen on opening up the box.

We'll have someone get in touch to sort that, I was told. 

Can you confirm that in an email, I asked.  (A major component of my frustration with Virgin is their absolute refusal to put anything in writing!)

Of course, he said, but of course no one has been in touch.  Virgin don't do anything except automated emails.

I'm torn now. Virgin are demanding return of their equipment and threatening me with a further charge.  But I'd like something in writing that confirms that they are going to come and resolve the damage to the property and the internal disconnection before I send it back.

I can't make contact with Virgin except via the torturous process of telephoning, and even then their 'Intelligent Voice Routing' usually boots me out.

So... I'm thinking of returning their kit, along with an invoice for the reasonable costs of putting right the damage to my property and having an electrician or network engineer remove and make safe their internal cabling from the connection.  I'm thinking this would be in the sum of around £150.

I'm a reasonable man. I've always paid my bills.  But I feel that I've been wronged here, so I'm also happy to raise a small claims case in the civil courts and take them on if it come to it.

Any advice welcomed, especially if there's anyone at Virgin that wants to do the decent thing and actually own a customer complaint.

2 REPLIES 2

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Never_again2, 

Thank you for taking the time to post on our forums 🙂
I am so sorry to hear you have not had the best experience with us.

I can take a look into this for you if you would like and will pop you over a PM.

Keep an eye out for the purple envelope 

Zoie

Thank you Zoie, I sent you a PM yesterday as requested.

This isn't about returning the kit as much as it's about someone fixing the damage to my property and properly disconnecting the service.  I'd just like some written confirmation that this is going to happen. 

If I can't get that, I think I'll need to get it sorted myself, recharge, and bill Virgin accordingly.  I'd rather not go through the additional stress, and I'm sure Virgin would rather skip the embarrassment of a court case.  🙂

Thanks in advance for the help.